Tuesday, July 22, 2014

I Samuel 17:47 - "Jesus, Alive In Us"

I woke up this morning singing "Jesus, Alive In Us" and immediately felt so blessed.  

Great is Your love
Let the whole earth sing
Let the whole earth sing
You reached for us
From on heaven's throne
When we had no hope

You are the way
There is no other
You are the way
There is no other

Woo hoo!  The Lord is the Only Way for us to live.  Without Him we are nothing.  Yes, we can look around and see people that appear to have everything but if they don't have the Lord there is an emptiness in them they can't explain.  

The enemy is under Your feet
We are free
We are free
Death has been defeated by love
You overcome
You overcome
The enemy is under Your feet
We are free
We are free
Death has been defeated by love
You overcome
You overcome

You rose from death to victory
You reign in life
Oh majesty
Your name be high and lifted up
Jesus, Jesus alive in us
You rose from death to victory
You reign in life
Oh majesty
Your name be high and lifted up
Jesus, Jesus alive in us
Jesus, Jesus alive in us

I love the reminder this song gives that the Lord is greater than the enemy.  "The enemy is under Your feet...We are free…"  YES!  It goes back to the verse from Sunday's sermon and the one I shared yesterday.  I Samuel 17:47...

All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord's, and he will give all of you into our hands.  

"…for the battle is the Lord's…"  Woo hoo!  He is my strength in everything I do.  When I come up against the enemy, I need to remember that it is His battle and not my own.  The realization of that hit me Sunday as I witnessed the enemy at work.  "You rose from death to victory…You reign in life…Oh majesty…"  Woo hoo!  I do not want to ever make it seem like the Lord's death was for nothing.  He died not only to save my sins but to equip me to live a life for Him and with Him.  His death is the reason I am here today.  Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for dying on the cross so I might live.  I pray my life is one You are proud of.  Lord, enable me to recognize the giants in my life that the enemy puts before me.  Also, Lord, enable me to allow You to work on those giants.  Father, You are so powerful and so good.  I praise Your Holy Name for being alive in me.  Today is a new day.  I know what I think will happen but to be honest that's not what I want.  I want this day to be exactly what You, Lord, want.  Father, lead my steps and when the giants come knocking enable me to have Your strength to take care of them.  Thank You Lord for being My Majesty!  Amen.



No comments: