Thursday, July 17, 2014

Psalm 118:24 - Gladness

As I start off my day, I am wondering how the day will go.  I know of appointments and plans on my calendar but what will the Lord put before me?  I know He will give me strength to do whatever He desires of me.  I also know He will help me to not just get through this day but to thrive.  

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.  Psalm 118:24

I am trying not to be anxious or fearful of the day but with the way I've been feeling these last few days I am.  It definitely won't be a day where I can lay on the couch for hours upon end but I'm thankful there will be rest periods in between things.

Being intentional on rejoicing…not allowing the enemy a foothold with fear…putting a smile not only on my face but in my heart…THIS is how I will start my day.

Dear Jesus,
Your Word tells me in many places to rejoice.  Today I am rejoicing because it "is the day You have made."  Lord, as I go throughout this day would You direct my steps and the words that come from my mouth?  Would You put a smile on my face that isn't just pretend but is truly one of gladness?  Would You touch my physical, emotional, mental and spiritual body with Your healing touch?  Father, I am so grateful that I have You with me 24/7.  You are so awesome in the way You encourage me.  When I lay my head down tonight, I pray I will be reminded, "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."  Woo hoo!  I am feeling more at ease with this day…thank You Jesus!  I am ready to be Your servant, however that looks for today.  Thank You Jesus for being My Gladness!  Amen.

No comments: