Friday, July 4, 2014

Jeremiah 29:11-13; Various Scriptures - ANTs

"We don't want any ANTs taken to our picnic!"

When I heard this, I wondered what in the world it meant.  When it was explained to me, I fully agreed.

Automatic
Negative
Thinking
s

It is in our human nature to think negative.  Some people have to fight it more than others but the Lord can, and will, enable us to not think on the negative.  His Word tells us in various places about how to conquer negatives in our lives.

When we keep positive going into us, positive will flow from us (Philippians 4:8).
Positive thoughts are a big part in the healing process (Proverbs 17:22).
When we surrender our problems to the Lord, we need to leave them with Him and not hold onto them.  If we don't, negative thinking will creep in (Philippians 4:6).
We must depend upon His Strength to get us through tough times.  If we allow the enemy any foothold at all, negativeness will be our downfall (Philippians 4:13).
We must speak words of life and not death in order to not have the negativeness have control over us (Matthew 15:11).

Sometimes it's harder than others but my goal is to speak words of life.  As I live out this goal my life is easier not only for myself but also for those around me.  I don't like to be around negative people.  If I'm around them for very long, they suck the life right out of me and I become negative.

I remember 20+ years ago when Dr Berke told me I had to keep my life as stress-free as possible in order to keep my MS managed.  What a joke!  Thinking about the life I was leading and figuring out how it would be stress-free as possible was not an easy task.  Over the years I've learned a lot about eliminating stress.  Unfortunately, sometimes I have no control over the stress that comes my way.  But I do have control over how I handle it.  Making sure I don't take ANTs to my picnic is a good way to control stress.  Another good way is to not worry about things before they happen.  As I told someone this week, "The Lord is not surprised by what is happening."

As I look to next week, fear begins to creep in because stress is inevitable.  But I know the Lord will be there with me.  He wants to see how I handle things.  Will I try to handle them on my own or will I allow Him to work through me?  Will I allow people's negativeness to suck the life out of me or will I chose to ignore it?  Will I chose life or death with my words?  Will I allow the enemy a foothold to take away my joy?  I am standing on the promises of Jeremiah 29:11-13.  My promise to Him is that I will seek Him.  His promise to me is that He will listen to me.  There are no surprises ahead for Him.  When I seek Him, the surprises for me will be covered by Him.

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”
Dear Jesus,
Thank You, thank You, thank You for the reminder of ANTs.  Thank You for giving me exactly what I need each and every day to keep the ANTs away.  Father, I refuse to allow the enemy any foothold into my life.  I am asking for more of You and less of me.  I am praying for Your Strength in the days ahead to be so very real to me.  I pray for Your Words to flow from my lips.  Father, I am asking for Your blessings in a mighty way to keep my physical body in control.  I also ask for my husband to have Your wisdom as he supports me throughout the week ahead.  Thank You Lord for being My Positive!  Amen.

No comments: