Thursday, July 31, 2014

Psalm 62:5-8 - "Where there's a will…"


I was talking with one who is so far away from the Lord.  Their living circumstances were not the best.  They lost their job, had no vehicle and started doing things from before that were not of the Lord.  They were giving excuses on why their life was so messed up.  My response was:

Sorry to hear but you know the only One who can help you is Jesus. He is there for You. BUT you have to want to change…drinking is not the answer. I will continue to pray for you. Know that we love you and care about you

This person is so caught up in junk of the world.  It doesn't help that there are no believers in their daily life.  They started coming to church and stopping by the house but then fell back into the ugly ways of this world.  Their life seems hopeless to them.  But it doesn't have to be that way.  No matter what we are going through there is always hope when we have the Lord.  I think of some verses of Psalm 62….

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. (Psalm 62:5-8)

This is where we all need to live in order to have the hope of Christ.  We need to live in "…God alone…"  We need to depend upon Him to be our "…rock…salvation;"  We need to realize when junk of this world comes our way we do not have to be shaken.  We need to claim Him as our "…mighty rock…refuge."  In order for us to live this life, we first must accept Him and then we must surrender everything to Him.  

I loved a post on Facebook written by Dan Bohi about a service...

"It was a demonstration of Gods transforming power to effect change in our spirit soul and body. Jesus you are to be praised."

God has the power to change our whole being.  For those who need to accept Him, He has the power.  For those who need to surrender to Him, He has the power.  For those who need to be healed in physical bodies, He has the power.  The first step for His power to be unleashed is for us to have the desire in our hearts for a transformation.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for second chances.  Thank You for giving hope when there is no hope.  Thank You for loving us enough to put desires in our hearts for You.  Father, I pray specially for this one who I talked with.  I pray for a change in their life that will cause a great transformation. Lord, I know first though there has to be a desire in their heart.  I pray for that.  Thank You Jesus for all that You have done for me in my past and all that You will do for me in my future.  Bless the ones who are going through tough times.  Lord, bring them to the end of themselves so they will choose You.  Thank You Lord for being My Hope.  Amen.

No comments: