Friday, July 11, 2014

James 1:2-3 - "Our God Is Greater"

Dr. Toler made a statement that made me feel happy yet sad.  "A smile on your face tells everyone your heart is home."  I like that.  When non-believers see us, they need to see Jesus in us.  They need to know why we live a life that is different from theirs.  As we go through trials in our lives people will watch to see how we handle them.  When we allow the Lord to have control of them, people will see a peace that only comes from surrendering everything to the Lord.  On the other hand I am saddened by this statement as I think of all the times I allowed "stuff" to distract me from the Lord and people didn't see a smile.  All of the times I was physically struggling with my MS and a smile was not there makes me wonder how many people were affected.  I know we can't always be on the mountain top but I also know when we truly allow the Lord control over all of our life then we have something to smile about.  

The song "Our God Is Greater" comes to mind…
Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome and power
Our God, Our God… 

Yes!  He is greater than anything that comes our way.  But the most important thing I must remember is that in order for His power to show through I have to allow it.  I must surrender.  I must allow more of Him and less of me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being greater than anything that comes my way.  I pray You will reinforce James 1:2-3 in me today.  "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance."  Lord, keep the joy in my attitude.  Keep the joy on my face.  No matter what trials come my way today.  Thank You Jesus for being My God.  Amen.


No comments: