Monday, July 28, 2014

Psalm 37:4 - "My Heart Is Yours"

Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.  
Psalm 37:4

Oh yes, I "take delight in the Lord" and oh my, how He gives me "the desires of my heart."  Woo hoo!  I feel so blessed in the way He blesses me.  He is so awesome in the way He takes care of things, sometimes before I even speak them.  

This morning was one of those times.  I thought about asking Doc to pray with me before I started my day yet I didn't want to wake him up.  As I kissed him goodbye he said, "Let me pray with you."  Wow…Lord!  You are so awesome!  I love when my husband prays for me but it's extra special when I don't ask him to.  

Yesterday was another one of those times where the Lord blew me away with taking care of me without me praying about it.  Actually, I have prayed before for the situation but not yesterday.  I hear stories about Martha Gillenwater and how she would pick up kids all over town and take them to church.  Not only did she pick them up but there are stories of her going into their homes to feed and dress them while their parents slept.  I haven't went that far but I do make extra efforts to get children to church.  Making two trips is a common occurrence, especially since we don't have a church van right now.  I have prayed for the Lord to help me to be the "church lady" that will make children want to be in church and have the desire in their heart to live for the Lord.  I've asked Him in the past to help me to love the unlovable, especially when it comes to some of the parents we deal with.  Two children that I pick up started sitting with me in church.  Yesterday they didn't have children's church so they were with me the whole service.  When the thought of taking them home went through my mind, the Lord gently reminded me they were right where they needed to be.  I'm so grateful for that reminder.

There are some desires of my heart I've been praying for that I am still waiting on but I know in the Lord's time and in His way I will.  There are people I care deeply about that need to accept Him into their heart.  There are also people I care deeply about that know Him yet haven't surrendered everything to Him that I pray for.  There are many relationships that need healed that I pray for.  In His time

Once again this morning I woke up singing "My Heart Is Yours" and felt so blessed in knowing I have surrendered everything to Him.  No matter what He asks of me, I will do.  No matter where He sends me, I will go.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me the desires of my heart.  Thank You for loving me and accepting me as Your servant.  Lord, I pray for the ones who don't know You and also for the ones who know You but continue to hold onto the world instead of surrendering all to You.  I also pray for restoration in relationships.  Lord, thank You for using me as a "church lady."  The desire of my heart is to be what the children You send my way need.  Father, help me to make a difference in their lives.  Enable me with physical, mental, emotional and spiritual strength to love the unlovable.  Thank You Jesus for being The One Who Blesses Me.  Amen.


No comments: