Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Psalm 21:5-7 - "Joy Unspeakable"

Through the victories you gave, his glory is great; you have bestowed on him splendor and majesty. Surely you have granted him unending blessings and made him glad with the joy of your presence. For the king trusts in the Lord; through the unfailing love of the Most High he will not be shaken. 
Psalm 21:5-7 (NIV).

I was awake several times during the night.  When I asked the Lord if there was someone to pray for, I didn't hear His voice.  So I went back to sleep.  Each time though I would wake up I would have the old hymn "Joy Unspeakable" in my mind.

Woo hoo!  Amen!  

"I have found His grace is all complete…"
"I have found the pleasure I once craved…"
"I have found that hope so bright and clear…"
"I have found the joy no tongue can tell…"

YES!  I have found each of these things!  I am so grateful for the way the Lord loved me enough to die for me and then to come back to earth in order that I might live.  I also am grateful for second (and third and fourth…) chances where He loved me back when I strayed.  The joy I feel is only complete because of His great love.  

It is joy unspeakable and full of glory,
Full of glory, full of glory,
It is joy unspeakable and full of glory,
Oh, the half has never yet been told.

YES!  The joy I have is beyond anything describable.  Only those who have experienced can even begin to understand.  The joy I have on this earth is only a portion of the joy I will experience when I go to heaven.  

When I was a little girl, one of my favorite songs was "I Have The Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy Down In My Heart."  I remember singing that song and getting the Holy Spirit goosebumps yet not knowing why I felt the way I did.  I still don't completely understand why He fills me with joy but I am grateful that He does.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for breath.  Thank You for life.  Thank You for giving me another day to be Your servant.  Lord, I pray for more of You and less of me today.  I pray You will shine through me. I also pray for Your Strength to endure today but also Your Presence to bless my day.  Thank You for being My Joy.  Amen.

No comments: