Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Philippians 4:8 - "Your Love Never Fails"

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.  
Philippians 4:8

I woke up with "Your Love Never Fails" in my heart.  It made me think about something that I recently said that was misunderstood.  I was explaining about how when we allow junk of this world into our lives (i.e., music, video games, movies, etc. with foul language, violence or sex) it puts a separation between us and the Lord.  It doesn't take our Christianity away but it puts up a wall.  The only way to tear that wall down is to live a life of surrender.  Surrender to self.  Surrender to our checkbook.  Surrender to our calendar.  Surrender to our attitude.  Most importantly to surrender to the world.

"Nothing can separate…I know I still make mistakes; But You have new mercies for me everyday…" Yes!  Praise His Holy Name that He never quits loving us.  The thing we have to remember is we do have free choice in the decisions we make for our lives.  The Lord is a gentleman in that He doesn't push us.  He allows us to make decisions of how we want to live.  He puts people before us to make us think about Him but He also doesn't always stop the enemy from putting things before us.  He wants to see what decision we will make. Of course, the desire of His heart is for us to make the decision to be with Him.  When we choose things not of Him, we will no longer experience His peace but we will still have His love.  

The Lord wants us to live for Him not only on this earth but also for eternity in heaven.  How will that happen?  By accepting Him into our heart, believing in Him and confessing our sins.  We must go before Him each and every day asking for forgiveness.  It's not a one-time thing to do.  Not only do we need to ask for forgiveness for things we did wrong but we also need to ask forgiveness for things put before us that we didn't do.  

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love.  Thank You for the encouraging me to live a life of surrender.  It is only through Your love that I am capable of living the life I live.  Thank You for making "…all things work together for my good."  Thank You for being My Love.  Amen.





No comments: