Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Matthew 6:10; Revelation 21:4 - Overwhelmed

Cancer…death…accidents…tragedies…all of these things make me stop and wonder why the Lord allows such things.  I know many people say that He causes them to happen but that's not so.  It comes back to the whole issue of free choice and the decisions we make.  Of course, it makes me wonder about cancer.  Some people's cancer can be attributed to smoking and the way we eat.  But some people live a healthy life style and still get it.  Why?  How?  And then to hear of issues of babies being physically abused.  Once again, why?  It's days like this that make me cry out to the Lord for His return.  But when I do that then I grieve over those who haven't came into relationship with Him yet.  Today is just one of those days where the prayers are so tough and so heavy.  


Dear Jesus,
Today I am praying for…
  • the four month old with broken bones…thank You Jesus for removing him from his parents care….I continue to pray for protection for him in foster care
  • the family who lost their dear sister, daughter, mother, friend to cancer during the night…especially for her Momma who has given up
  • the one who lost her uncle to stomach caner last night as she and her family grieves the loss
  • the family grieving over the death of their Daddy, husband, grandfather, friend…especially for the dear wife who struggles with her physical health
  • the family grieving over the death of their Momma, wife, grandmother, friend to a long battle of cancer
  • the family who had three deaths in the last month and are have family members and close friends with two more deaths this week
  • the man who is in a courageous battle with cancer
Father, death can be so overwhelming for us as we minister to the grieving.  The emotions that come along with it are beyond what is the norm.  But with as many times that we've ministered in the last month it is becoming a new norm.  I must say it is a norm I don't like but I know you have called us here to be You to the hurting.  You have called us here to be a beacon of light in a time of darkness.  Help us to shine for You.

Your Word tells us what heaven will be like in Revelation 21:4…there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying.  There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.  This morning I once again am praying Matthew 6:10….on earth as it is in heaven.  My heart is overflowing with hurt for many people.  I hurt for them.  Father, there are many of these deaths that are a time of celebration in the fact that they are with You and for their believing loved ones that is a comfort.  But I pray for the ones who don't know You.  I pray they will come to know You in a personal way.  I pray, Lord, for You to be so real through us as we minister.  I pray for more of You and less of us to flow through us.  Father, I praise Your Holy Name for the twelve children who accepted You last night at VBS!  I also praise Your Holy Name for the way You are going to be right in the center of Miss Clementine's birth.  

Thank You Jesus for being My Beacon of Light in this darkness.  Amen.

No comments: