Friday, July 18, 2014

Psalm 46:10 - "How Sweet The Sound"

As I reflect back on yesterday I am amazed at all of the blessings the Lord gave me.  I am so overwhelmed by His love.  As I started the day I was a little hesitant with the way I have been feeling but His strength was with me every step of the way.  I wrote yesterday morning, "I know He will give me strength to do whatever He desires of me.  I also know He will help me to not just get through this day but to thrive."  Woo hoo!  And that He did.

Thank You Jesus for the prayer Julie shared yesterday morning.

Be at Peace

Do not look forward in fear to the changes of life;
Rather look to them with full hope that as they arise,
     God, whose very own you are, will lead you safely
     through all things;

And when you cannot stand it, God will carry you
     in His arms.

Do not fear what may happen tomorrow;
The same everlasting Father who cares for you today
     will take care of you today and every day.

He will either shield you from suffering or will give you
     unfailing strength to bear it.

Be at peace and put aside all anxious thoughts and
     imaginations.


St. Francis de Sales

Thank You Jesus for the wonderful visit I had with one having heart surgery this morning.
Thank You Jesus for the way You ministered through us at the graveside service for the baby.
Thank You Jesus for the reminder of Dr Diehl's charge over me at Doc's ordination to have a gentle spirit and to be joyful.
Thank You Jesus for time with friends last night and the wonderful concert.

No matter what happens throughout my days I know the Lord is with me.  No matter where He directs my path I know He is in control.  I am living such a blessed live in His Presence.  There is no better place to be.  Wherever He leads, I will follow.  Whatever He asks of me, I will do.  I am in total submission to Him.  

Last night as I was singing "How Sweet the Sound" along with Citizen Way I was overwhelmed by just how much He cares for me.

Carry me through the waters
Where Your peace clears away all my sorrow
And nothing can separate us from Your love
Oh Your love it will always be

Amazing grace how sweet the sound
I hear You singing over me
I once was lost but now I'm found
And it's beautiful
Amazing grace how sweet the sound
It covers every part of me
My soul is silent, I am found
And it's a beautiful sound
It's a beautiful, beautiful sound
"My soul is silent…"  Made me stop and think about what the Lord told me last week about being still.  I truly believe the only way to hear from the Lord is to be surrendered to Him in every aspect of my life.  I also believe in order to hear we must be still.  I was reading a commentary about Psalm 46:10 (Be still and know that I am God.)  One pastor said it's like God is saying "Shut up and know that I am God."  I personally don't think God would use the "s" word but I can imagine Him getting fed up with us because we are always asking Him for things instead of just listening to Him.  I'm grateful I learned the meaning of being still.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and for the blessings in store for today.  Thank You for Your amazing grace, Your unconditional love, and Your words of encouragement.  Lord, wherever You lead, I will follow.  Whatever the desires of Your heart are for me, I will do.  I am totally surrendered to You, Lord.  Thank You for being My Blesser!  Amen.


No comments: