Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Colossians 3:23-24 - The One I Choose To Please

As I sat in the Ordination Service last night I was reminded of the one fourteen years ago where we were ordained.  I was overwhelmed with the memories of that night.  The Lord has been with us every step of the way.  He has been there in the mountains and He has been there in the valleys.  He was there to remind me of Colossians 3:23-24 as I tried to do everything, everyone wanted when we first started in our first church.

23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 

These verses enabled me to realize it is not up to me to do what others want, only the Lord.  They enabled me to realize that people put expectations upon pastors and spouses that are just unrealistic, but the Lord doesn't put anything before us He hasn't equipped us to do.  These verses also gave me peace in knowing when I do what He desires, I am in His will.  The bottom line is He is the Only One I need to please.  Oh yes, it's nice to make people happy but if the Lord isn't pleased in me doing that then I am not doing what I need to be doing.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the beautiful service last night.  Thank You for Pastor James and Adavee's obedience to You.  I pray for the days ahead for them.  I pray they will seek Your will and follow the path You lay out for them.  Lord, as pastors we never know where You will call us to be minister.  But no matter where You lead You will equip and that is all that matters.  Thank You Jesus for being The One I Choose To Please.  Amen.

No comments: