Tuesday, July 22, 2014

II Timothy 1:7; James 1:12 - Roller Coaster Type of Day

Today has been such a roller coaster type of day.  When my hubby got up off the couch, the next thing I knew he had fallen onto the ottoman and said he had no balance.  It took us a few minutes but we finally were able to get him into the bedroom to lay down.  All kinds of things went through my mind but I kept asking God to give us wisdom on what to do.  After a few phone calls to the family doctor we headed to the ER.  His balance was a bit better by then so I was able to get him there without calling for help.  They did the usual vitals, blood work, etc. and we waited.  

When the doctor said, “We are going to do a catscan of the brain” I had flashbacks of being with others who heard those words.  Unfortunately, their results were bad and all kinds of thoughts ran through my head.  II Timothy 1:7 came to my mind.  “God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid but gives us a spirit of power, love and self-control.”  I told Doc we needed to pray and as I prayed I said that scripture.  It was as if the thoughts were erased out of my mind.  I was at peace that the Lord had everything taken care of.  I thought of the scripture that has been in my thoughts the last couple of days about “...the battle belongs to the Lord.”  I knew this battle, whatever it entailed, belonged to the Lord.  I also knew I had nothing to fear because of the Lord.

During the hour of waiting Pastor James came to see us.  Earlier he had asked if we needed anything and I told him we were OK.  For a split second the fear came back because I wondered if the Lord had him there because of the news we were going to get.  As fast as the thought came in, it went away.  

Our Great Physician used the doctors to determine what tests to run and the catscan and EKG both came back OK.  The doctor determined the high BP was causing the dizziness and headache.  The vertigo caused his balance to be off.  All of his blood work came back good except for an elevated blood sugar.  Praise the Lord!  When the doctor came in with all of the good news, I felt so blessed.  I know things could have been so different but the Lord blessed us.  

Sometimes with my MS I feel guilty for doing as well as I do when others with MS don’t.  I started to feel that same kind of guilt with the diagnosis for my hubby but then the Lord gave me James 1:12.

Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

When we prayed, we prayed in faith and believing the Lord heard us.  We also prayed in such a way that we received immediate peace and didn’t allow the enemy a foothold in the area of fear.  The Lord told me we passed His test.  Woo hoo!  Thank You Jesus!  As the evening went on, I could have fretted over Doc still not feeling well but I knew the Lord has him in His hands and I refuse to allow the enemy any in-road into my thoughts.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for giving us this test and also for encouraging us through the process.  Lord, I pray for continued healing in Doc’s body.  Thank You Jesus for loving us so greatly.  Amen.

No comments: