Saturday, July 19, 2014

Matthew 6:9-13 - Temptation

5:15 AM…the Lord wakes me and tells me to pray for two individuals who are dealing with addiction to alcohol.  He told me they both are going through something big in their lives and they need to turn to Him instead of the bottle.  I prayed for their souls for a long time.  The Lord and I talked about how the things they are going through are pretty tough for anyone to go through.  When you add in the addiction, the circumstances multiply.  Sometimes when I pray for people, I pray for them to hit bottom so they will turn to the Lord.  But with these two individuals it seems like they've already hit bottom.  They both know who the Lord is and actually have both been in relationship with Him.  But the addiction is greater for both of their lives.  It's the way they escape reality.  I prayed the Lord's prayer for them in the wee hours of the day….

Matthew 6:9-13 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.”


And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil…  There are so many things on this earth that tempt us into doing things that are not of God.  We must be on guard against the enemy at all times in order to stay surrendered to the Lord.  Each and every day when we wake up we must ask the Lord to guide our steps as He desires.  And each and every night before we go to sleep we must ask Him to forgive us for anything we did wrong and also anything we didn't do that He put before us.

This morning I had a vision of a conversation I had with the one and her family.  I was talking to them about what it meant to live a life of surrender.  She seemed to be open to the idea but the vision was gone before I saw if she accepted the Lord as her Savior.  I pray for this opportunity to talk with her to happen.  I also pray for the Lord's words to flow from me just as in the vision.  I had a boldness yet I was gentle.  I also pray for an opportunity to talk with the other person addicted to the alcohol.  I pray the Lord will have our paths cross in the near future.  

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for using me to be a prayer warrior for these two lives this morning.  Thank You for the vision You gave me.  Lord, I pray for that vision to unfold.  Maybe she isn't ready and that's why the vision was gone before I saw the ending.  Lord, in Your time…in Your time.  Father, I also thank You for speaking to me yesterday and confirming something in my heart. I was so excited as You spoke.  I knew I had to write it down so I wouldn't forget anything You said.  Thank You for the piece of paper I found in the glovebox to write on.  Thank You for the little things in life that make me know You love me so greatly.  Thank You for being My Savior.  Amen.

No comments: