Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Romans 12:1-2 - "O Come To The Altar"


22 Children/teens + 4 Adults....woo hoo!!!! Christmas in July results = 37 shoeboxes packed!!!! But the icing on the cake was having one pray the prayer of salvation for the first time! Woo hoo, God! No wonder I woke up singing "O Come To The Altar"! 

Leave behind your regrets and mistakes,
come today there’s no reason to wait,
Jesus is calling.
Bring your sorrows and trade them for joy,
from the ashes a new life is born,
Jesus is calling.


There is joy in living "a new life" with Christ. There is a peace in tough times that comes only from Him. Living with Him is not always easy but it is a blessing. Being in relationship with Him is the best way to live. His strength becomes your strength in days such as yesterday where the day is full of giving of yourself. His empowerment becomes real when you feel like there is nothing left in you yet you pray the sinner's prayer with someone. I am physically drained yet I know He will continue to guide me throughout the day. He knows what I need and provides it exactly when I need it. There is no need to fret over finances because He already knows how the bills will be paid. He goes before me and paves the way for every aspect of life. I am a living sacrifice for whatever He desires of my life. I go before every morning and ask for a cleansing in my spirit so He can fill me to overflowing. I do not have a physical altar to go to but I still go before Him. The altar was used in the Old Testament as a place for people to make sacrifices for their sins. When Jesus died on the cross, that was the ultimate sacrifice. After His death and resurrection, animal sacrifices were no longer needed. Instead we need to offer ourselves as living sacrifices. This sets us apart for Him to use as as He desires. It is important to ask for a cleansing every day so there is nothing separating us from the Lord. It is also important to die to self in order to be a living sacrifice for Him.

Dear Jesus,
Wow! It is hard to even begin to express to You how I feel about last night. You are so awesome in the way You provided exactly what was needed to accomplish the task of packing 37 shoeboxes! Most importantly You are awesome in using me to pray with one for salvation. Father, continue to cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Make me a vessel of Your love in such a way that people will desire to come into relationship with You. Thank You for providing exactly what I need. Thank You for loving me so greatly. Thank You for being who You are in my life. Lord, go before me in this day and point me in the direction You so desire. May people see/hear You instead of me today. I pray You will be with my Momma in a special way today...guide the surgeon. Thank You Jesus for being My New Life. Amen.

No comments: