Friday, July 27, 2018

Luke 15:11-32 - "Point To You"


Last night before falling asleep the Lord had me pray for a dear friend who is going through some tough days, actually years, in her life. Her husband has made some decisions that definitely are not of God. His decisions have tore their family into shreds. I do not know how she has survived this mess. Yes I do. It is only through the grace of God. I am not sure how I would handle such a situation. I pray for her and the children often but last night the Lord struck me up the side of the head that I need to pray more for her husband's soul. I do pray for him but I guess not enough. This morning He woke me these words of "Point To You"...

I need a miracle
Some healing for my heart
I need a revelation
A brand new start
I want simplicity
Where I can rest
But I need a miracle to put my past to death

As I sang this song I was overwhelmed with praying for this husband to get back to God. I prayed for him to realize the mess he has made for his family. If he feels like he can't go back, I prayed he would realize God gives second chances. As I was praying for this man, the Lord brought to my mind another man who has turned from God in a state of rebellion. I'm not sure why this young man who was raised in a godly home is living in such a way but I know his parents are crushed. They are embarrassed by his actions. The Lord had me pray for them to realize he is an adult and is making his own decisions. They are no longer responsible for his actions but they are responsible as his Christian brother and sister to pray for him and when given an opportunity to love on him with Jesus' love. The Lord then had me pray for a young single mother who is making bad choices. She was raised going to church and being taught to love and respect the Lord. Now as an adult with two small children her decisions do not reflect her upbringing. Instead she is living in the ways of the world. Once again, her parents are crushed and feeling like failures. He had me not only pray for her but also her parents. These prodigals need to come home to the Lord. They need restoration in their relationship with Him. They need to feel His love through others to the point of returning to Him. These three are just a few of the people who are in prodigal situations. I praise God for people who did not give up on me when I was a prodigal. I praise Him for the love shown to me even when I did not deserve it. My upbringing along with His love was what brought me back into relationship with Him. I would not be where I am today had it not been for His love, grace, and mercy. I pray for these three He has me praying for this morning along with all the other prodigals to come back into relationship with the Lord.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You love me so greatly! Thank You for the opportunities You put before me yesterday to love on others and the opportunities You will give me today to do the same. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be my words, actions, and attitude today. Father, I pray for a filling for my husband. I pray Your strength would be his today...physical, mental, emotional, and most of all spiritual strength. I pray the same for myself. Lord, do not allow the enemy to blind our eyes to what You desire of us. May You be greater in our lives. Thank You Jesus for being My Rescuer! Amen.

No comments: