Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Acts 26; I John 3:2; Hebrews 10:24-25; Romans 12:2


Every time I was awake during the night the Lord had these words to the song "The Gospel" going through my mind....

to the captive it looks like freedom to the orphan it feels like home
to the skeptic it might sound crazy to believe in a GOD who loves
in a world where are hearts are breaking and were lost in the mess we've made
like a blinding light in the dead of night
its the gospel the gospel that makes a way


He brought to mind several individuals to pray for who are allowing the enemy too much space in their lives. They all have been in relationship with God and some are still in relationship with Him to a point but not the way they once were. I prayed for some who...


  • are making decisions not from God to remember I John 3:2.

This is God's final purpose for you: That when Christ returns, you will be just like Jesus.

  • have given up going to church to remember Paul's words in Hebrews 10:24-25. 

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

  • are allowing the ways of the world to blind their eyes to Christ to grasp Romans 12:2.

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.


Some of these people I prayed for I have contact with and others I do not. But all of them need to have a change in their lifestyle to live in the way God desires of all of us. I know living without answering to God can seem to make you happy but when you live in such a manner you are just kidding yourself to think that way. The only true way to live a peaceful life is with Him in the center of it. It breaks my heart to look back on people I've known throughout life and see so many who were once in full relationship with Him and now are not. People who were once church goers who now either do not go at all or go whenever it fits their schedule. People who would never think it was ok to blatantly sin yet now do so every day. There are people watching the decisions they are making who do not follow the Lord. They are questioning their ways and wondering what Christianity is really about. We all, as believers, need to remember our purpose on this earth is to share the Gospel and live like Him. Acts 26 has the words of the Lord spoken to Paul about what he was suppose to be doing. It reads:

15 “Then I asked, ‘Who are you, Lord?’
“ ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,’ the Lord replied. 16 ‘Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen and will see of me. 17 I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them 18 to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’
These words are not just for Paul but for all believers. The words in verse eighteen show our responsibility to others. We are to share Jesus with them so they can have freedom in Him. The only way for this to be accomplished is for us to be living in His will. That means we must die to self. No more going to church when we feel like it. No more reading our Bible when it fits into our schedule. No more saying 'no' to what God asks us to do or say. It means walking the road of obedience so He will be in every  decision we make. The only way this will happen is for people to "get back to the altar, back to the arms of our first love, there's only one way to the Father and He's calling out to us." Life cannot be about us. It has to be about Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to pray for those who are making decisions not of You. Thank You for bringing people to my mind during the night. Father, my heart breaks for so many who used to live for You yet are no longer. It also breaks for their families who are watching the decisions being made effect their lives in so many ways. Physically, mentally, emotionally, financially but most of all spiritually. Lord, put someone before them today that will make a difference in their thinking. Open their eyes to what You desire of them. Lord, I pray for a cleansing in my soul so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Use me today in a different, new way to shine for You. Father, give me physical strength for what is ahead in this day. I pray the same for Doc as he has a long day today. Lord, keep us on our toes so we do not miss any opportunity to share Your love today. Thank You Jesus for being My Way of Life. Amen.

No comments: