Saturday, July 14, 2018

Psalm 121; II Timothy 1:7 - "Fear Is a Liar"


Yesterday I found myself thinking of the song the Lord gave me in the morning. "Praise You In This Storm" became very real as I drove in torrential rain. As I was going over the bridge into Hilton Head I could not see two feet ahead of me. That bridge is very tall and is over the water. The thought went through my head of what would happen if I were in a wreck and went over the side. I also thought that I had to call Doc for him to pray over me. But I realized if I could not call him but had to concentrate on the bumper-to-bumper traffic. I could feel the tears start and I cried out to the Lord to help me. Just at that moment the DJ on HIS Radio came on and said that someone needed to hear Psalm 121 right at that moment. As she read it, I felt God's peace come down over me and I relaxed. She prayed for 'that person' to know God heard their cry. Then "Fear Is a Liar" was played. WOW, God! Nothing should amaze me about Him but in times like this I am so amazed. I went on and did my visit but was still trying to comprehend what He had just done so I didn't share it. On the way home I was stopped in traffic for a multi-car crash. As I waited once again in bumper-to-bumper traffic I was blessed in abundance as I thought about how He showed Himself to me instantly when I cried out to Him. I wonder if I would have asked Him to stop the rain if He would have done that too. LOL. I do know He encouraged me throughout the drive home too. He reminded me to not fear the storm I was driving through when the DJ read II Timothy 1:7. God empowered me to do what I had to do to get home safely. I just had to stay focused on Him. Singing praise and worship songs enabled me to do just that.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your protection over me as I drove in the heavy rain yesterday. Thank You for providing Psalm 121 to be read in answer to my cry to You. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me today with more of You. I do not want to live without You being in charge of my steps and my words. I cannot begin to imagine life without You in the center of it. Lord, I pray the rain stays away so the Outreach can happen this evening. I pray for people to be changed through our efforts. Thank You Jesus for being My Protector. Amen.

No comments: