Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Ephesians 4:11-16 - "Lord, I Need You"


Yesterday was life changing for those who were ordained, received their first district license, retired or had their credentials restored. Today will be life changing for the person who will be elected as the next District Superintendent for the South Carolina District. We have been praying for many months for this person to be the one God desires to be in this position. I have prayed for not only them and their family but also their church family as they go through the transition. I have prayed for this process to not be a popularity vote but a vote based upon the spiritual integrity of the person. It takes a God-fearing individual to be the pastor of pastors. It also takes a person who is supported well by their spouse. My prayers will not only continue throughout this day until the final vote is complete but will also continue in the days ahead for the person. I love praying for pastors and their families. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunities You put before me yesterday to be You. Thank You for loving on me so greatly. Lord, may You cleanse me today so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. Father, today is a big day for the South Carolina District. I pray for wisdom for the people as they vote. I pray for the person who becomes the next DS. I also thank You for Greg who has served us as interim DS in such a great way. May You continue to bless him, his family, and his ministry. May You be so very real to all today in this Assembly. Thank You Jesus for being the One to Call Me. Amen.



No comments: