Sunday, July 1, 2018

Philippians 4:13 - "His Strength Is Perfect"


Last night before going to sleep I prayed for pastors. As I started praying God reminded me to pray for myself as I am preaching today. I do not want my sermon to be just a school assignment but prayed for people's lives to be transformed through the words God has given me. I also prayed for...

  • my classmates who will be preaching this morning, especially those preaching for the first time.
  • John Mulphas who will be preaching this morning with a heavy load as he has been ministering to the Bowers family with the loss of their husband/father/grandfather. 
  • Other pastors who will be entering the pulpit with heavy loads such as physical illness in either their bodies or loved ones bodies. 
  • Kyle Poole who begins his journey for his first Sunday as DS/pastor.
  • A pastor who is dealing with their church being declared 'in crisis.' 
  • Junior as he is dealing with Linda's illness.
  • A pastor with a wife who has dementia.
  • A pastor and his church with the loss of his wife in a terrible automobile accident on the way to church camp.
  • Mike Dennis and others pastors who are on a mission trip.
  • John Sgro who is filling the pulpit this morning while Scott Maglott is on vacation.
I do not think people realize how challenging of a life a pastor leads. The emotional ups and downs as a pastor leads people is unlike a normal person's life. The amount of time and energy a pastor puts into people is great and sometimes without much appreciation. They not only have the lives of many others to deal with but they also have their own family and self to attend to. When I was woke up at 4:00, the Lord had me pray for pastors who would be going into the pulpit drained this morning. He had me pray for them to realize they are not alone in life but instead need to allow Him to strengthen them. He told me if they do not allow Him to be their strength, they would soon crash and fall. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege once again to pray for pastors. Thank You for the ones you brought specifically to my mind. Father, once again I pray for myself and classmates who will be reaching today. I pray You will cleanse us so You can fill us to overflowing with more of You. I pray Your words, actions, and attitude will be ours. Lord, I also pray for the many pastors who need your strength. I pray for those who are hurting to be soothed by You. I pray those who need a physical touch will be healed. Give wisdom and discernment to all pastors as they are Your servants. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength. Amen.

No comments: