Monday, July 16, 2018

Psalm 111 - "Holy Is The Lord"

I love waking up with a particular Scripture in my heart. Psalm 111 is one that encourages us to praise the Lord for all that He is and all that He does in our life. After being in bumper-to-bumper traffic yesterday going seventy plus miles an hour I praise Him for still being alive. I praise Him for waking up this morning. I praise Him for all the times I was awake last night as I took them as opportunities to pray. I praise Him for family and friends. There is always something to praise Him for. Sometimes it is hard to praise Him when we are going through difficult days but that is when we really need to praise Him. As we go through the storms of life if we don't stay focused on Him, the enemy has an open door. He will make the storm even greater than it already is. David wrote of the Lord's faithfulness in verses seven and eight. His faithfulness does not just happen for a time or two but continues for all of eternity. Verse nine is one that I hold near to my heart. "He provided redemption for His people; He ordained His covenant forever--holy and awesome is His name." Woo hoo! When Jesus died on the cross, it was for everyone's sins. It was not just for one or two people but for all. When we accept Him into our heart, we are accepting eternal life with Him. But we cannot stop at salvation. He desires us to be holy. The road to holiness is a road of great blessing. It is when we die to self and allow Him to have full control of every aspect of life. Verse ten of this Psalm is the 'icing on the cake' for me...

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.

Yes! That is the desire of my heart...to have 'eternal praise' for and with my Heavenly Father. The more I praise Him on this earth, the more I will praise Him in heaven. Woo hoo! I praise Him for the day that is ahead. It's Monday. That means I'm usually more tired than usual. I've had little sleep which will add to the fatigue. But I am praising God for the physical and mental strength He will provide throughout this day. I am praising Him for the way He will put opportunities before me to share His love. I am praising Him for the aches and pains in my body because without them I would not be alive.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace. Thank You for loving me so greatly. Thank You for giving me breath to live. Father, I pray for a cleansing in spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for the voting of the new DS that will happen within the next couple of days. I continue to pray for the person You desire in this position to be elected. Lord, be with the ordinands today as they await tonight's ordination service. I look forward to the day when I take the walk down the aisle for my ordination. May You continue to prepare my heart. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Praise. Amen.

No comments: