Friday, July 13, 2018

Psalm 89 - "Praise You In This Storm"



The Lord took me to Psalm 89 this morning. He stopped me at verse fifteen and had me read the next few verses in different versions. The Message spoke to me the most. The words "passwords of praise" hit me. We have so many passwords in today's society. It seems like every time I turn around I have to put in a password to get into an account. These verses tell us that when we know the "passwords of praise" we will be blessed. The more I praise God, the better life is. Even in the midst of a storm when I praise Him I am more at peace. There is always something to praise Him for. The storm could be worse yet as we praise Him, He lessens the effects of it. When we choose the road of praise instead of lament, He enables us to embrace the storm instead of allowing the storm to tear us to pieces. As we praise Him, people will see our peace and desire the same. They will want to have what we have in life. They will want to be able to stand in the midst of the storm without being rocked out of the boat. As they seek what we have, they will be blessed as we are blessed. When they accept Him into their heart, they will be forever changed. It will then be them sharing His love with all they meet. People will see His peace in them and desire the same. Sometimes though our focus gets messed up and His peace does not show through as powerful as it can. All it takes is getting back on track with Him to fill His peace once again. We must ask Him daily to cleanse us so He can fill us. When we allow Him to be greater than ourselves, we will know His peace in a different, new way. His blessings will mightily come down upon us as we live a life of surrender to Him. This morning I am praying for many who are experiencing 'storms' in their life...
  • those going through cancer treatments
  • those with health issues
  • those with turmoil in their family
  • parents with prodigals
  • those who are alone and feel like no one cares
  • those going through financial issues
  • one going through mental issues
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace. Thank You for caring so much for me. Thank You for putting praise on my lips even in the midst of the storms of life. Thank You for being who You are in my live. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me. Be greater than me today in my words, actions, and attitude. May Your peace shine through me in a mighty way. Lord, once again I pray for many who are in the midst of a 'storm' in their life. May they find Your peace. I pray for Sharon and her family as they go through this day as they grieve Bill's last day on this earth. Thank You Jesus for being My Storm Calmer. Amen.




No comments: