Thursday, July 12, 2018

Matthew 10:7-8 - "Healer"



Last night in Bible study I was reminded of Matthew 10 where Jesus sent out the twelve. Verses seven and eight are verses with great meaning to me. In verse seven Jesus told them to proclaim the Gospel wherever they went. In verse eight, He empowers them to "Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons." The ending of verse eight reminds them to "freely give" what they have received themselves. We, as believers, have been called to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He has called us to share His love with all we meet. The more we fulfill these things, the more He will empower us to do more. I have received healing in my body many times. Sometimes the healing has come through doctors and medication but the greatest healing has come through the miraculous empowerment given to His servants on this earth. I will always cherish the time of going to the altar at prayer time with both feet on fire with MS tingling only to have Michelle come, touch my feet and it be gone. No one but God knew what was happening in my feet. It blessed me that He answered my prayers but it also blessed me that she was obedient to His voice. The time where He used two ladies at the Wooster Church in the middle of a pastor and spouse retreat to heal me will also be a special memory. Feeling the Holy Spirit move up my body from my feet was something I will never forget. Another time after nine months of using a walker to get around it was such a blessing to hear Brother Dan's voice calling me over to him and being able to walk with no assistance. That was twenty-nine months ago. I've been walking on my own every since. It is a miracle in itself that during the time of my breast cancer diagnosis the MS did not show it's ugliness. God has not only blessed me through these times but He has empowered me to pass on to others what I have received. 

Healing happens not only in our physical bodies but also in our emotional, mental, financial, and most importantly spiritual bodies. He gives me words for people who need to know His love for them. His love flows out of me to heal others. The emotional healing I received after going through a divorce came from Him through those who shared His love with me. My history enables me to love on others who are going through such things. My history of being healed physically is only part of my story. Ben has received two physical healings in his life. Once in the womb when he was going to be born with an open spine and again as a teenager after being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. Doc's healing from a ruptured disc the week of his trip to Israel is another part of my story. God will continue to add to my story as I live my life for Him. All it takes is me living out His love in the manner He so desires of me. If I allow the enemy a foothold, my eyes will be blinded to what God wants of me. I must stay cleansed and filled by Him to keep open to His will.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the study last night that reminded me that I am called by You. Not only am I called by You but I am equipped and empowered by You. Father, cleanse me and fill me so I can be more effective for You. May Your love pour out of me through every word and action today. May You empower me to stay focused on the desires of Your heart. May You be greater than me. Father, I pray for those in my little world who need a physical, emotional, mental or financial healing. Most of all I pray for those who need a spiritual healing. Thank You Jesus for being My Healer. Amen.

No comments: