Saturday, July 7, 2018

Galatians 5:22-23 - "Resurrection Power"

When I was awake throughout the night the Lord had the words to "Resurrection Power" going through my mind. Specifically, these words...

Now I have resurrection power
Living on the inside
Now, I'm no longer bound by sin and darkness
Living in the light of Your goodness
You have given us freedom
Now I have resurrection power
Living on the inside
Jesus, You have given us freedom
Now, I'm no longer bound by sin and darkness
Living in the light of Your goodness
You have given us freedom

Woo hoo! There is a freedom in Him when we allow Him to live in us. When His love flows through us, there is nothing that can compare. I love living in the knowledge that He is working in and through me. I shared Galatians 5:22-23 with a friend the other day out of The Message. We both were raised in the church and know what the fruit of the Spirit are. When they are read in The Message they take on a deeper meaning...

Love - "affection for others"
Joy - "exuberance about life"
Peace - "serenity"
Perseverance - "develop a willingness to stick with things"
Kindness - "a sense of compassion in the heart"
Goodness - "a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people"
Faithfulness - "find ourselves involved in loyal commitments"
Gentleness - "not needing to force our way in life"
Self-control - "able to marshal and direct our energies wisely"

These gifts are received as we live in the Spirit. They are not received in a little way but instead in abundance. People can have some of these gifts without the Spirit living in them but it will not be the same. I desire more of God. I want more of His "Resurrection Power" to be inside of me and flowing out of me. Oh how I wish more people would 'get this' concept. I pray daily to be cleansed and filled. The walk of obedience I am on is not a one time of asking for repentance. I know in order to stay on the path He desires of me I must ask Him daily to cleanse and fill. One example of these gifts in my life came this week with my sermon not moving from the camera to the computer to upload. Being two days late on getting it to do so; the frustration of calling Best Buy and being told they had a product we could use to fix the problem, traveling thirty-five minutes there and then finding out they did not; repeatedly trying to approve it once it was downloaded; etc. would cause tears and frustration. Even though I was upset over the process I knew God was in control and it would eventually be resolved. When my thoughts went to 'I'm going to flunk this class over this mess, have to retake the class, and not be able to continue on with the second class of preaching" I knew I needed prayer from others because I did not want the enemy to have any open door. I asked three ladies to pray and once again received His peace in abundance. Living in His Spirit is the only way to live. It is the way He desires for everyone. These fruit may not show through me every minute of the day but the more I ask Him to cleanse and fill me the more they show through.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your "Resurrection Power" that enables me to have the fruit of the Spirit flow in and through me. Thank You for cleansing me today so You can fill me to overflowing. Father, I pray for more of You. I pray for more of Your Spirit to flow in and through me. I ask that You would be my words, actions, and attitude today in a different, new way. May people see/hear You instead of me today. You are so glorious and so powerful. I desire the same for not only myself but for others. Thank You Jesus for being My "Resurrection Power"! Amen.

No comments: