Thursday, July 26, 2018

Matthew 4:1-11 - "Wonderful, Merciful Savior"


Wonderful, merciful Savior
Precious Redeemer and Friend
Who would have thought that a Lamb
Could rescue the souls of men
Oh, You rescue the souls of men

You are the One that we praise
You are the One we adore
You give the healing and grace
Our hearts always hunger for
Oh, our hearts always hunger for

These words bring tears to my eyes. To think that my Savior died for me is overwhelming at times. It is hard to comprehend. I struggle at times to explain it to non-believers. Sometimes it is easier to live out a life for Him than to put my love for Him into words. The hope He gives can be indescribable but the peace He gives can be seen through my life. What used to cause great distress now is accepted because I have come to realize He has everything taken care of. He knows the end of my story. He also knows every verse, every chapter that will be written. He has given all free choice. Therefore, if I would chose to turn from Him my story would change. Thankfully, I am determined to not allow the enemy any foothold for that to happen. Instead I choose to praise Him. I choose to praise Him whether I am on the mountaintop or in the valley. I know it is in the valley that my faith will grow deeper. I also know the more I praise Him the more the enemy will be upset so I have to stay on guard at all time. I am hungry for more of the Lord and the enemy does not like it. I want to go deeper in my walk with Him and the enemy is furious about it. The desire of my heart is to walk in total obedience to the Lord, going where He wants me to go and saying what He wants me to say. I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, I must stay prayed up to not give into the ways of the enemy. When satan tempted Jesus in Matthew 4, Jesus told him that God was the only one He would ever serve. Satan finally left after Jesus told him to go away (vs 11). This is exactly what we need to do when the enemy is trying to trip us up. We must stand our ground and command him to leave. It helps to do it in the name of Jesus. He does not belong in a believer's life. He tries everything possible to get to us. Sometimes it's through circumstances, other people, etc. But he cannot be everywhere as our Father. He is not capable of knowing our thoughts as our Father. He should not be given power over us as we give our Father.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder this morning of just how powerful You are! Knowing You turned away the enemy gives me strength to also do so when he comes knocking at my door. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me. May Your words, actions, and attitude pour out of me today. May You be greater than me. Father, I pray the same for Doc. I pray You will give him strength to get through work today. May Your presence fill him up. Lord, I also pray for some who are going through tough times where the enemy is in the midst of their relationships. Give them Your peace. I also pray for those going through physical issues or loved ones with physical issues. May You be their Healer, not just in the physical sense but most of all in the spiritual sense. Thank You Jesus for being My Savior. Amen.

No comments: