Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Psalm 37 - "Dream Small"

The Lord woke me up in the middle of the night and again this morning with the lyrics to "Dream Small" going through my head. I asked Him to enlighten me on what He desired me to receive from them. He took me to Psalm 37. This Psalm is full of so much encouragement. The song "Dream Small" is about living out God's love every day by doing things that may seem small yet when we do them the Lord will bless our efforts and multiply them. Psalm 37 encourages us to live out such a life in so many ways:
  • "Trust in the Lord and do good..." (vs 3)
  • "Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart" (vs 4)
  • "Commit your way to the Lord..." (vs 5)
  • "Be still...wait patiently for Him..." (vs 7)
  • "do not fret when people...carry out their wicked schemes" (vs 7)
  • "Refrain from anger..." (vs 8)
  • "But the meek...enjoy peace and prosperity" (vs 11)
  • "The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in Him..." (vs 23)
  • "Turn from evil and do good..." (vs 27)
  • "For the Lord loves the just..." (vs 28)
  • "Hope in the Lord and keep His way..." (vs 34)
  • "...a future awaits the who seek peace" (vs 37)
The 'icing on the cake' for me is verses thirty-nine and forty...

Woo hoo! When we turn to the Lord, He is there for us. He will not only save us with salvation but He will save us when people are trying to tear us down. He will deliver us from their wicked ways. As we live for Him, we must share His love for others. This is done in simple little things like visiting a neighbor, seeing someone in need and providing for them, talking with someone who is hurting, etc. The more we love on people with His love, the more we are showing Him our love and faith in Him. "Dream Small" has these lyrics that tell us how to do that...

Keep loving, keep serving
Keep listening, keep learning
Keep praying, keep hoping
Keep seeking, keep searching
Out of these small things and watch them grow bigger
The God who does all things makes oceans... from rivers

The enemy does not like nor want us to love the Lord. He puts people in our path to tear us apart. The thing we must remember is that our God is greater than the enemy. Our Heavenly Father loves us more than the enemy hates us. We can never give up giving Him all of ourselves. When we do, the enemy wins and that is just not right.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the encouragement I received from Psalm 37. Thank You for all of the ways You love me. I pray I will bless You by the way I love others. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be greater in a mighty way today in and through me. I pray the enemy will see Your love is greater than anything He can throw my way. Father, bless those who are being attacked by the enemy in a way today that they will see Your empowerment work through them. Be greater than the enemy in their life in a way that is nothing less than Your supernaturalness showing through. Once again I pray against the pain Doc is having. May You be His strength and he works and then has teens tonight. Thank You Jesus for being My Empowerment. Amen.

No comments: