Sunday, July 15, 2018

Deuteronomy 31:8 - "I Am Not Alone"



Last night before going to sleep I prayed for pastors. God had me pray for four individually along with pastors who are feeling alone in life. He had me pray for Greg Mason who has been leading the South Carolina district as interim DS during the time between Dr. Eddie leaving and the election of a new DS. He has worked very hard in this capacity while continuing to lead the NC district. I prayed for continued strength for him as he leads us through this District Assembly time. He also had me pray for the person who will be elected as the new DS. That person will go into the pulpit this morning as a pastor but after this week will be a new DS. I prayed for wisdom for the voting process. I also voted for the church this person will be leaving to accept this new call upon their pastor. A third pastor He had me pray for was Kyle Poole who left his South Carolina church to become the DS in Georgia. He had me pray for the transition Kyle and his family are going through from being a pastor of one church to a pastor of pastors of many churches. A fourth pastor He had me pray for is Brian Howard who was hospitalized this past week. I prayed for a healing in his physical body. I also prayed for his church family to show His love to Brian and his family through these tough days. Finally, He had me pray for pastors who are lonely in life. Many pastors don't have friends, yet alone a best friend. They take on so many burdens of others yet have no one to talk to themselves. Some have a spouse but they are not always in a relationship where they can share with their spouse. Sometimes a pastor's spouse feels like the ministry has taken over their relationship with their pastor/spouse. Therefore, communication is compromised. Sometimes a spouse of a pastor is jealous of the time spent with others and that jealousy shows through in conversations. It is hard for pastors to have close friends yet pastors are just human beings who need relationships too. God had me pray for those who are lacking in this area. Before going to sleep I told God I was so tired but if He needed me to pray during the night to please wake me. 2:00AM was the time He did so. Once again, I prayed for these same ones. He added to my prayers those going into the pulpit this morning. He said there are some who need to allow the Holy Spirit to be their Guide who normally keep a tight reign on the timing of the service. He said these ones need to realize they do not need to be in control of the service. Specifically, He said there were some with multiple services that would have an outpouring of the Holy Spirit if, and when, they allowed the clock to be forgotten. He also had me pray once again for pastors who are lonely. He had me pray they would allow Him to guide them into healthy relationships. He also had me pray for married pastors to allow Him to be a part of their marriage. "Quit pushing Me away" was the way He had me pray for them. 

This morning as I reflect back on the way He had me pray I am once again humbled to have the opportunity to pray. He continues to amaze me in this area. Even though I am not a lead pastor of a church I am a pastor. I have been around enough pastors to know their struggles. I also know the joy of being a pastor. Last night as He led me to pray over the pregnant Momma whose baby is breach I was amazed at how I felt His warmth as I touched her hard belly and prayed. What an awesome experience! He is always with us, to guide us. He is there in the valleys and there on the mountaintops. We are never alone when we have Him as the Center of our life. He brings to mind the words of a song Kari Jobe sings...

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunities You put before me yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Thank You for loving me so greatly. Thank You for giving me the privilege to pray for pastors. Lord, I pray You will bless my prayers in abundance. I also pray You will cleanse me so You can fill me. May You be my words, attitude, and actions throughout this day. May You be the One to be in control of every aspect of my life. Father, be with all pastors today in a different, new way. May they all sense Your strength in them. May their calling be confirmed today. May they walk the path You so desire them to be on. Thank You Jesus for being My Heavenly Father. Amen.

No comments: