Thursday, July 19, 2018

Philippians 4:13 - "Lord, I Come"


These words are going through my mind this morning...

Lord, I come, I confess
Bowing here I find my rest
Without You I fall apart
You're the One that guides my heart

Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You

Yes! I do not know how people get through life without Him being their Rock. I need Him "every hour" to not only get through the day but to live it in the best way possible. In His way. I need Him to not only guide me but to encourage me. His love not only get me through the day but it empowers me to love others in the way His heart desires. I am thinking this morning of Philippians 4:13. He gave me this verse twenty-four years ago as I laid in bed with my first MS exasperation. I thought then the verse was for physical strength but soon realized it is 'the whole ball of wax'! It is only through His strength that I can do what I do every day. Physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. His strength is all I need. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder this morning of Your strength being perfect for my life. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit today so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I also pray for those who do not know You. I pray someone will go before them to make a difference in their life. May You use Your servants to lavish love on them. May Your servants be open to Your empowerment. May they be ready when You direct and not miss any opportunity to be You today. Thank You Jesus for being My Rock. Amen.

No comments: