Friday, July 31, 2015

Psalm 18 - "My Help Comes From The Lord"


The Lord took me to Psalm 18 for the second day in a row. I must have missed something yesterday or just didn't get enough out of it! As I was reading it for the second time the song "My Help Comes From The Lord" came into my mind. 

Out of the darkness, lifts up my eyes
Unto to the hills, I feel my faith rise

Maker of heaven, giver of life
You are my strength, my song in the night
My refuge, my shelter, now and forevermore
My help comes from the lord

Maker of heaven, giver of life
You are my strength
You're my refuge
Now and forevermore



I absolutely love the words of Psalm 18:7-15 on how David describes what happened when he called upon the Lord in distress...

The earth trembled and quaked,
    and the foundations of the mountains shook;
    they trembled because he was angry.
Smoke rose from his nostrils;
    consuming fire came from his mouth,
    burning coals blazed out of it.
He parted the heavens and came down;
    dark clouds were under his feet.
10 He mounted the cherubim and flew;
    he soared on the wings of the wind.
11 He made darkness his covering, his canopy around him—
    the dark rain clouds of the sky.
12 Out of the brightness of his presence clouds advanced,
    with hailstones and bolts of lightning.
13 The Lord thundered from heaven;
    the voice of the Most High resounded.[d]
14 He shot his arrows and scattered the enemy,
    with great bolts of lightning he routed them.
15 The valleys of the sea were exposed
    and the foundations of the earth laid bare
at your rebuke, Lord,
    at the blast of breath from your nostrils.


The earth moved! There was a Divine manifestation that happened! This is what happens when we are in relationship with Him in which we live the life He so desires of us. He answers our prayers. He gives us the desires of our heart. I recently made that statement to someone and their response back was, "If He gives you the desires of your heart, then why are you walking with that thing?" My response was, "The desire of my heart is to be living in His will and for Him to be glorified. I believe at this moment this is His will. I also believe He is and will be glorified through my circumstances." They just looked at me. I really don't think they knew what to say to that. That is how I feel. Do I enjoy being in this circumstance? The human part of me says, "absolutely not" but in my spirit I know the Lord is in control.

Verses sixteen through nineteen reads...

16 He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
    he drew me out of deep waters.
17 He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
    from my foes, who were too strong for me.
18 They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
    but the Lord was my support.
19 He brought me out into a spacious place;
    he rescued me because he delighted in me.


Four months ago the Lord directed me to 'go deeper' and I did. I sought more of Him through His Word and in conversation with Him. It was not long after that my flair-up happen. Coincidence? I don't believe so. I would rather call it a 'God-incidence'! He was preparing me for this time. And now as I read these verses I get excited...he drew me out of deep waters...He rescued me from my powerful enemy...! I know the Lord is with me. I know He will heal me. I know He will rescue me. Why? Because He loves me and delights in me. But I also know it will happen in His time. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for taking me back to Psalm 18. Thank You for loving me so much that You want to seal Your promises in my heart. Thank You for the day that is ahead. I'm excited to have family and friends today to come see us. Bless our time together in some mighty big ways. Lord, I pray for more of You and less of me so that people will see You more through me today. I pray for Your direction, Lord on what went through my mind for something I am to do today. Lord, if it was just my thought, take it away. But if it is Your direction then bring it to the forefront of my mind several times today. Father, I pray for the one going through a procedure and the one getting an injection today. Be with these two ladies and bless them in abundance with Your love, mercy and grace. Lord, I also continue to pray for the situation with the one murdered. I pray for her family to seek You during this tragedy. Father, I pray for the ones who I have come in contact with recently that are lonely. Put someone before them that will be You to them. Thank You Jesus for being My Earth Mover. Amen.

No comments: