Monday, July 27, 2015

Matthew 13:31-35 - "His Strength Is Perfect"

Yesterday the Lord woke me up with an urgency to pray for one for protection. I got the sense it wasn't for a physical protection but rather was for protection from evilness. I prayed for her and then the Lord prompted me to tell her. I argued with Him because I was afraid she would think I was out of my mind or maybe even think I am some religious fanatic. I was concerned she might even quit talking to me. But He reassured me she needed to know someone was praying for her. 

Her response: "Your message was so perfect this morning! Sometimes I feel depressed and sad and don't even know why. It came at a perfect moment!" Wow, God! First of all, I am so glad I prayed but most importantly I am blessed through my obedience in sharing with her. In a world of so many negatives, I was a positive to this one yesterday. I planted a seed of encouragement. 

Yesterday I also had seeds of encouragement planted in me by Sharon driving me so I could be a part of the downtown Building Bridges projects. It encouraged my heart to see our church family being Jesus to others. Some of them didn't look like us. We couldn't communicate very well with some due to a language barrier. But we did not let these things stop us from being Jesus to many.

This morning I was also encouraged by my friend Julie who sent me a devotional on Matthew 13:31-35. It reminded me that the seeds we plant are watered by the Holy Spirit each and every day. The seeds we plant will mature and fruit will show through them. It mentions that we may not see all seeds we plant come to maturity. It also talks about how the imperfections of this world may sidetrack us but the Kingdom of God is still working in and through us. The most encouraging sentence in the devotional for me was this: "Still, no matter what happens, this one thing is true: God is in control and His plans will be fulfilled." Wow, did I need that reminder! The prayer at the end of the devotional reads: "Jesus, advance Your kingdom in me and in the world! I place my trust in you!" The desire of my heart is to plant good seeds that will be to glorify the Lord! I was thankful I was able to do that yesterday. I was not able to do what I use to do in some ways but I was able to love on people with His love and that is what matters. 

I saw this picture the other day that encouraged me greatly. It reminds me of what I need to keep in the forefront of my mind as I go through these tough days. When I think about what the word 'best' means, I realize what I do may change from time to time due to physical limitations but no matter what I do if it is done in the Lord's will then it will be my 'best'! That is comforting to think about.


Dear Jesus,
I am so grateful for the way You continue to use me to plant seeds. Not only do You use me to plant them but I also am enjoying fertilizing some of the seeds You have had me plant. I am one blessed lady. Thank You for Sharon who drove me yesterday; for all of those involved in Building Bridges projects; for the reminder from Julie this morning on planting seeds; for my dear sista Kim who encourages me even if she does have to smack me over the head. Thank You Jesus for all of the ways You remind me that I am living in Your Will and You will continue to use me no matter what physical limitations come my way. Father, today is a new day. I am excited that we are having an early birthday celebration today. I praise You for my hubby spending time with me today. I have not seen much of him these last few days. I praise You for another day of life that is before me. I praise You for the way You will fill me with more of You and less of me in order for me to be You to others. Lord, I know the only way to life is by relying on Your strength. How perfect for Kim to remind me of a song that I sing so often...Your strength is definitely perfect! Thank You Jesus for being My Strength! Amen.


No comments: