Friday, July 24, 2015

Jeremiah 33:3; Matthew 6:6; Matthew 7:7 - "Call On Jesus"

Dear Lord, 

I really am not trying to be a complainer but I sure do need an abundance of You today. It is so hard to not be able to do what I am use to be doing. I thought others would have a problem with me not doing but they seem to be handling it better than me. To not be able to be with people at the hospital or at time of death has been extremely hard. Now with our Building Bridges projects going on and not being able to be involved as 'normal' I am struggling. Father, would You please quiet my spirit? Would You encourage me in ways beyond my comprehension? Would You love on me so greatly over these next three days in a way that I won't feel so discouraged? 

I feel like I am missing out on so much of life these days. Here it is the end of July and we haven't been up to sit by the lake one time. I miss those days. Oh Father, how I need You to be so very real to me. 

My tears are falling...I don't want to feel down. I have so much to be grateful for and I am grateful. I'm sorry if I am letting You down. I don't want to be a disappointment to You. Lord, fill me up with more of You. I praise Your Holy Name for giving me the opportunity to preach Wednesday at Teen Challenge. You knew I needed that and I am grateful. This morning I am reminded of the words from You last night in our Bible study from Jeremiah 33:3...


Wow God! How appropriate for these words to come back to me this morning! I am calling upon You. I don't have to have an answer as to why I am struggling with this MS flair-up. All I ask is for peace through it. There is no way I can have peace on my own, it is only through You. I could ask why I have numbness in my limbs this morning or why I've been in pain in my legs these last few days but to be honest I don't really care 'why'. I just want You to be glorified through me however You can be. 

Lord, I am calling to You for physical and emotional support today in a way that is probably more than I have for a long time. Last night I told Courtney in order to have a Matthew 7:7 life (Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.) you first must have a Matthew 6:6 prayer life (But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.) I am grateful for having open communication with You, Lord. I am grateful that even though You know my requests before I speak them You still listen to me. I am grateful for the way You answer my requests. Lord, blow me away today with answering my call for Your support to get through this day. No, let me change that...I don't want to just get through this day...I want You to be glorified through me during this day. 

Father, thank You for all those working on Building Bridges projects today. Bless their efforts mightily! Strike the enemy down when he tries to stop them! I pray for those who are 'thinking' of getting involved...lead them to being You for others. 

Jesus, more of You and less of me...fill me to overflowing...love on me in ways that will bless me in abundance. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Call To.

Love,
Your Daughter Sheila



No comments: