Saturday, August 1, 2015

Romans 12 - "Lifesong"

Woo hoo! What an awesome song to wake up singing today!

Let my lifesong sing to You
Let my lifesong sing to You
I want to sign Your name
To the end of this day
Knowing that my heart was true
Let my lifesong sing to You


Yes! I want to live each and every day in the Lord's will. The desire of my heart is that the Lord would be pleased with all I say and do ...

May the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to You


I remember thinking I had to make up for the years I didn't feel this way. But when I truly understood His love, mercy and grace I realized that was not necessary. All I have to do is to live a surrendered life for Him. 

He also woke me up with the desire to read Romans 12, specifically verse eight...


As I read this chapter and concentrated on verse eight I began to pray for the Lord to reveal to me what He wanted me to gain from these words this morning. I am blessed to live a life for Him of surrender in which I strive to be a living sacrifice. I also strive to use the gifts He has given me to the best of my ability. I find it interesting that He pointed out 'encourage' as that is something I practice every day. I give, I lead and I try to show kindness. So out of all of these verses why this one? "Daughter, I am encouraging you to continue on using your gifts throughout the tough times. Be encouraged by verse twelve. I love You, Daughter and am always here with you." When the Lord said this to me, I was pretty sure what verse twelve said but went to it and sure enough it was as I thought...


I am grateful to be able to live by these verses. I also am grateful to sing these words and mean them...

Lord, I give my life
A living sacrifice
To reach a world in need
To be Your hands and feet


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me! Thank You for giving me life! Thank You for this day where I will rejoice in the hope I have in You! Lord, I pray this next year of my life be even more fruitful for You than the last. I pray for You to use me in some mighty ways. Lord, blow me away by what You will do through me! Thank You Jesus for being My Lifesong! Amen.


No comments: