Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Revelation 21 - "Swallow The Ocean (Coming Alive)"


As we studied the twenty-first chapter of Revelation last night in Bible study there was one verse that really stood out to me. In verse five God says, "I will make all things new." In this book of the Bible He is talking about the new earth that He will bring into existence when this earth is no longer. I love the words of Matthew Henry on this chapter...

The old world, with all its troubles and tumults, will have passed away. There will be no sea; this aptly represents freedom from conflicting passions, temptations, troubles, changes, and alarms; from whatever can divide or interrupt the communion of saints. This new Jerusalem is the church of God in its new and perfect state, the church triumphant. Its blessedness came wholly from God, and depends on him. The presence of God with his people in heaven, will not be interrupt as it is on earth, he will dwell with them continually. All effects of former trouble shall be done away.

That is exciting! When I think of something that is new, I think of clean...pure...never used. It will not just be a hand-me-down so to speak of something made over. He is making a new earth! Woo hoo! I also get excited about how when we surrender to the Lord He makes everything in our lives new. He gives us a new start. He is there to guide us throughout our days in such a way that enables us to deal better with the turmoils on this earth. 

Last night during Bible study a song kept going through my head about Him making all things new. When I read the lyrics to the song this morning, I thought 'wow, God!' Yes! I want to be undone in the Lord! The desire of my heart is to be living in His will each and every moment on this earth so that I will experience living with Him on the new earth.

Who could stand apart from your presence
Once we have tasted The goodness your love
Who could change a heart
Only you can Restless and thirsty
For healing from above

You break the heavens open
And I'm trying to swallow the ocean

I'm coming alive with you I'm coming undone with you I'm coming away with you
With the faith of a child I come With hands lifted high I come I'm coming alive with you

You make all things new! You make all things new! You make all things new! You make all things new!


This morning I am praying for some people who are in some tough situations. Some need a refreshing in their physical bodies while others need a refreshing in their emotional/mental bodies. Most of all they need a refreshing in their spiritual bodies. Lord, be with these ones in a mighty way today and bring them closer to You....may each of these ones have "...the faith of a child..." May they get to the point of saying, "I'm coming alive with you...I'm coming undone with You...I'm coming away with You..."

  • my friend who sent me a text asking for prayer due to some tough circumstances at work today
  • my friends who will be having calling hours for their dear Momma today
  • my friend who is struggling watching her daughter struggle for life due to cancer
  • my friend who is struggling watching her daughter struggle for her body to get back to being able to eat and function properly
  • my friend who after 20+ years lost her job and it is where their insurance was through
  • my friend who is struggling financially and now has lost her means of transportation
  • my friends who were in an accident yesterday...praise for no injuries
  • my friend who had his sister life flighted yesterday from a car accident
  • my friend who had her first chemo yesterday
  • my husband
  • my friend who is distraught over her marriage
  • my friend who is struggling with low self-esteem
  • my friends who are struggling with so much hurt from the death of their grandson
  • my friends who are going through some trying times in their family with job situations
  • myself for a physical renewal in by body, especially in my legs...I pray against the pain in them today
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the Bible study last night. Thank You for the hope of a new earth. Oh Father, how I pray for more people to get to the point of being in relationship with You so they can enjoy the new earth too! Lord, fill me to overflowing with more of You and less of me so people will see You in me today. Lord, use me to speak words of life at Teen Challenge today. Give me more of Your love so I can love people more in the way You would. Lord, thank You for all the ways You encourage me. You are so awesome! Thank You for being My Newness! Amen.




No comments: