Friday, July 3, 2015

Matthew 28:16-18 - "Come As You Are"/"Let Them See You"

I was thinking about how important it is for people to see those who say they believe in the Lord to show they do. Do they have the joy of the Lord? Do they love with Jesus' love? Are their words uplifting or hurtful? How about their attitudes? When I woke up this morning Crowder's song "Come As You" was immediately in my mind. Jesus gives the Great Commission in Matthew 28...

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
How can believers expect to fulfill this commission if we aren't living a life of holiness? Why would we ever think someone would want to live a life for the Lord if they don't see it as a positive? If they see us moping around unhappy, do we really think they would want the same? How can we sing the words, "Earth has no sorry...That heaven can't heal" when we don't live it? Yes, life on earth can be tough but if we are living a life of surrender and allowing the Lord to work in and through us we have the hope of eternal life. There are some believers in this world who are still holding onto the world instead of fully surrendering to God. Some are so miserable when they don't have to be. No one, believer or non-believer, has to live a life in misery. We all have a choice to make.

So lay down your burdens
Lay down your shame
All who are broken
Lift up your face
Oh wanderer come home
You’re not too far
So lay down your hurt
Lay down your heart
Come as you are


Hurting people, hurt people. Plain and simple. I personally do not want to be responsible for sending others to hell. My words and my actions need to be that of the Lord's. Being a believer is not enough. People need to see us live out a life that is pleasing to the Lord. The desire of my heart is to live out the Great Commission each and every day. The only way that is possible is for His will to be my will. Another song that comes to my mind is "Let Them See You In Me"...

Let them see You in me
Let them hear You when I speak
Let them feel You when I sing
Let them see You, let them see You in me


Dear Jesus,
Oh Lord, how I want people to see You in me. Your will is my will. Father, enable me to fulfill the Great Commission each and every day. Speak through me in a mighty way. Father, I pray for more of You and less of me that will enable people to see me living out a life for You. I pray for my brothers and sisters who know You yet have not surrendered fully to You. Open their eyes to the blessings available to them. I also pray for people who have not asked You into their lives. I pray for godly people to go before them, be Jesus to them and love on them in a way that will draw them to You. Thank You Jesus for being My Lord. Amen.


No comments: