Monday, July 13, 2015

II Corinthians 4:16-18 - "The One I'm Running To"

I just love how the Lord works...the way He puts people in my path to say just what I need to hear or to give me a hug...the way He gives me a song to encourage me not only in the morning but then brings that song back to my mind throughout the day. That was my day yesterday. Right before bed Saturday night a friend shared II Corinthians 4:16-18 to me. It reads:

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

"...fix our eyes..." I need to get my focus better on the Lord and not allow distractions to pull me into depression or feelings of "I can't do this" and think "Me and the Lord can do this!" How will that be accomplished? Simple...fix my eyes on the Lord. Right before falling to sleep I prayed for the Lord to enable me to focus more on Him. I asked Him to bless me this week with not just getting through the week but with His supernatural empowerment to be a blessing to others. I prayed for Him to open my eyes to needs of others...to open my eyes to opportunities to be Him to others...to give me a strengthening not only in my physical body but more importantly my spiritual body. 

It was really no surprise when I woke up to the song "The One I'm Running To" that 7eventh  Time Down sings. It should not have surprised me when Jason sang it for the offertory at church yesterday either. The Lord directed him to change the song to this one at the last minute. Was that a coincidence? Nope. That was a God-indence! God knew I needed to hear this song again.

I'm running low on faith
But I won't run away

Tonight I'm gonna fix my eyes
On the only Hope who satisfies, my heart
You are the One I'm running to
Everything that's good and right and true
Jesus, I'm coming after who
You are, You are
The One I'm running to

So much I don't understand
In the middle of this circumstance
But I know my life is in Your hands

This song is where I am living right now. There are times where my faith tank gets a little empty but thank the Lord is never runs dry. I definitely do not understand why I am going through this flair-up or why Doc is having so many health issues but I am grateful we have our faith to get us through. But I don't way to just get through these days. I do not want to miss any opportunities the Lord has for me. I want to be used by Him. I am a willing servant, even with the constraints I have right now physically. Once again I ask myself, "How will that be accomplished?" Once again the answer is fix my eyes on the Lord.

Tonight I'm gonna fix my eyes
On the only Hope that satisfies, my heart
You are, You are

Everything that's good and right and true
Jesus, I'm coming after who 
You are, you are
The One I'm running to

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Ann planting the seed of what I need to do in order to accomplish Your will in my life. Thank You for giving me this song yesterday morning when I first woke. Thank You for Jason's obedience in changing what he was singing. Lord, bless both of these servants. Father, I pray for the empowerment of the Holy Spirit to come down upon me so greatly so I won't just get through this week but be a blessing to others through it. Lord, in the human sense as I think of this week of District Assembly and Camp Meeting it is overwhelming to think I can get through it. But then to throw a funeral in the midst it seems impossible. It probably could be impossible if I went at it on my own but I know I have Your strength to get me through. Father, be with my friends are have been called for the last hours of their mother. I am heart-broken I cannot be with them. Once again I wonder 'why' but Lord I pray You will give me peace with the situation in knowing You will put someone there to comfort them. As I think of this day, I am ready to see You work in and through me. I am ready for You to fill me with more of You and less of me. I am ready to focus on You in a way that will enable me to be empowered with supernatural abilities. I am ready to receive whatever You have in store for me. Thank You Jesus for being The One I'm Running To. Amen.


No comments: