Sunday, July 19, 2015

Jeremiah 29:11-14 - "Alive"

The Lord woke me up this morning to a song Natalie Grant sings called "Alive" but I couldn't remember all the words. I was blessed when I read them...

Alive! Alive! 
Look what Mercy's overcome
Death has lost and Love has won
Alive! Alive! Hallelujah, Risen Lord
The only One I fall before
I am His because He is alive.

YES! Amen! "I am His because He is alive!" Woo hoo! Yes, He died but most importantly He rose up from death. His death was victory over the enemy! His death empowers me to tell the enemy to get out of my life. I love the words in one of the verses...

Who could speak
And send the demons back from where they came 
With just one Name?
What other heart 
Would let itself be broken every time until He healed mine?
You. Only You 
Could turn my darkness into dawn
Running right into Your arms

He turned "...my darkness into dawn..." many years ago when I accepted Him into my heart. He did it again when I ran back to Him after falling away. But the thing that excites me the most is the way He does it each and every day as I am victorious over the enemy. God is greater than MS....He is greater than emotional hurts...He is mightier than anything that comes at me on this earth because "...He is alive!" Woo hoo! Yes, "Death has lost and Love has won..." in my life because I have surrendered every aspect of my life to Him! Woo hoo! I am so excited this morning to be where I am in life with Him directing me each and every step of the way. I have no fears of the unknown because they are not unknown to Him. He already knows the results of the MRI...He already knows the results of my appeal...He already knows the results of whether I will use the walker and/or cane the rest of my days on this earth...He already knows! Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song this morning that encourages me through the reminder that You already know. I have nothing to fear. I am standing on the promise found in Jeremiah 29...
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”
Woo hoo! Fill me with more of You, Lord, and less of me so that I will be empowered by Your Holy Spirit in a mighty way. Lord, as a human being I want brought out of this MS flair-up stronger in not only my physical body but most importantly my spiritual body. But most importantly I want Your will to show You being glorified through this time. Father, bless me in abundance with Your empowerment over all the things the enemy throws my way. I stand against any negative thoughts...any doubts...anything that will take my focus off of You. Thank You Jesus for being My Past, Present and Future! Amen.

No comments: