Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Romans 8:28 - "Something Beautiful"

The Lord woke me up singing Steven Curtis Chapman's "Something Beautiful" this morning. My first thought was, "Goodness, Lord, You must be getting tired of constantly having to remind me the importance of trusting You through these difficult days." I do trust Him. Sometimes I wonder how much longer life is going to be this way but I trust that He is in control. Maybe I need to get to the point of not wondering that before He will quit reminding me!

I listened to an interview by Steven Curtis Chapman about this song. He said the second verse is the key to going through tough times. 

We know the world got broke when it took the fall
And here we are living in the middle of it all
Longing, waiting for the day when everything’s restored
But the best of the beauty that we get to SEE
While we’re living down here in this “yet to be”
Is to watch God take the most broken things
And to hear Him say,
“When I get through, you’re gonna be amazed”


As I pray for His will "...on earth as it is in heaven.." I know there is no MS in heaven. I know there is no need for insurance in heaven. I know there is no need for medicine in heaven. Our broken bodies will be whole in heaven. Woo hoo! But as long as He has us here on this earth we need to make sure all we do glorifies Him. Some days are tougher than others to praise Him yet I know I must continue to trust Him...continue to praise Him...continue to rely upon His strength. I need to remember Romans 8:28...


As I sit outside to write this morning, I was thinking about how the Lord blessed us with our trip to Israel. He blessed us financially in ways beyond our understanding. He blessed us with bodies that enabled us to not only survive but to enjoy our time there. As I see people walking down the street right now my heart longs to be walking on my own again. This would be the perfect morning to take a walk with Mordecei yet here I sit. For a split second I thought about going for a walk anyway but then when I thought about having to go back inside to get some shoes on and knowing how much my legs hurt from walking yesterday I let that thought pass right on by. I will be grateful for cooler weather this morning to sit outside. I will be grateful for the strength yesterday to be out. I will be grateful in knowing the Lord will someday bless me with walking on my own. I don't know if that will happen here on this earth or in heaven but it WILL happen! Woo hoo!

‘Cause I’m gonna turn it into something different
I’m gonna turn it into something good
I’m gonna take all the broken pieces
And make something beautiful like only I could
So put it all in the hands of the Father
Give it up, give it all over to
The only one who can turn it into

Something beautiful
Something beautiful
Something beautiful
Put all the pieces in His hands
And watch Him turn it into something beautiful


Dear Jesus,
Thank You so much for all You do for me. Thank You for loving me. Thank You for reminding me that You are going to make these tough days "Something Beautiful" in a way You will be glorified! Lord, as I go to therapy this morning I pray for more of You and less of me to show through. I pray for not only physical strength in this day but emotional, mental and most importantly spiritual strength. Open my eyes to opportunities to be You to others. Be glorified in all I do. Thank You for being the One I Trust In. Amen.

No comments: