Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Psalm 121; Hebrews 11:1; II Corinthians 5:7; Matthew 11:28; Ephesians 3:20 - "Shoulders"


When I woke up this morning, I had the words of a song King & Country sings called "Shoulders" going through my mind. I thought, "How appropriate with the chaos that is going on!" This is right where I am living at this point in time.

When confusion's my companion...Yes, there is confusion as to why the Lord would call me to be a Medical Chaplain only to have me not be able to fulfill that call. 
And despair holds me for ransom...I don't like the word 'despair' because that means there is no hope. I have hope in the Lord. I know He is with me no matter what.
I will feel no fear...I will admit I have some 'what ifs' going through my mind but no fear along with them because the Lord is in control.
I know that You are near...Praise God He is always near!
When I'm caught deep in the valley...I love the definition of 'valley'...a low area of land between hills or mountains, typically with a river or stream flowing through it. Yes! This stage in my life is a 'low' time so to speak but the River of Life is flowing through it!
With chaos for my company...There is no other word for life at this moment...using a walker, not able to drive, not able to function as I 'normally' do...yep, that is chaos!
I'll find my comfort here...I am comforted by the people the Lord puts in my life each and every day.
‘Cause I know that You are near...As I draw closer to Him, He becomes more near to me in so many ways.

CHORUS...Psalm 121...
My help comes from You
You're right here, pulling me through
You carry my weakness, my sickness, my brokenness all on Your shoulders 
Your shoulders
My help comes from You
You are my rest, my rescue
I don't have to see to believe that You're lifting me up on Your shoulders ...Hebrews 11:1; II Corinthians 5:7
Your shoulders

In Matthew 11:28 Jesus says, Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. We are told in the Bible Jesus worked with His earthly Father as a carpenter. It is believed they specialized in making yokes. In this verse as Jesus used the analogy of a yoke He was saying He will bear the weight for us and carry us on His shoulders. Woo hoo!

We can rejoice in the truth of Ephesians 3:20. Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us. I am standing on the truth that He knows the outcome of this chaos I am dealing with and He will be glorified through it. I may not understand the 'whys' and I may have a lot of 'ifs' going on in my mind but as He reminded me this morning He is carrying me through it all. There will be victory not only in the end but throughout the walk in this valley. I may not understand. I may not be able to grasp it all. But I do know He is My Help each and every day! Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You, thank You, thank You for this reminder today! Thank You for carrying my chaos! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for giving me peace in the midst of the chaos! Lord, fill me to overflowing with more of You and less of me in order that I may be peace in the midst of others chaos. Use me as You so desire throughout this day. I pray as I go to therapy I will have opportunity to be You to someone. Enable me to be a beacon of light in this dark world. Thank You Jesus for being My Help! Amen.


No comments: