Friday, July 24, 2015

II Timothy 1:7 - Roller Coaster Ride

roll·er coast·er

/ˈˌroʊlər ˈkoʊstər/

verb
  • 1.move, change, or occur in the dramatically changeable manner of a roller coaster"the twentieth century fades behind us and history roller-coasters on"

As the time draws closer for the sun to set for the day, I reflect back on this day and think about how life just seems to be such a roller coaster ride right now. I am not, nor have I ever been, one to enjoy riding roller coasters. I tried them a couple times but always got sick. Gave up trying them many years ago. Life sure has been interesting these last seventy-five days. It is amazing to think of all that has happened and all that I thought would happen that hasn't. But the one thing that I continue to depend upon is my God. He has been with me every step of the way through this time and I know He will continue to do so.

As I started down another 'steep slope' today He immediately gave me II Timothy 1:7. 


I had to chuckle at the last part of a 'sound mind'! But I am thankful He gave me this reminder just at the time He did. It reminded me that He is greater than anything that comes my way. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
You are so awesome in the way You encourage me through Your Word. I praise Your Holy Name! Thank You Jesus for being My Encourager! Amen.

No comments: