Saturday, July 25, 2015

Philippians 4:10-13 - "Broken Hallelujah"/"Cast My Cares"


The Lord woke me up with two song today going through my mind. One being "Broken Hallelujah" and the other being "Cast My Cares." As they were going through my mind, He brought my Daddy to my mind. He went through so much on this earth in his physical and emotional body yet he remained grounded in his faith. He always amazed me how he would go into a surgery with the attitude of "let's get this fixed, I have stuff to do." Going through over sixty surgeries, having a broken neck from being hit by a train, gunshot wound, seeing one of his daughter's murdered, having to work at a young age to provide for his family...it is so hard to believe one man could go through so much. If I could talk to him right now, I would ask him how he did it. I imagine he might tell me to hold onto Paul's words in the fourth chapter of Philippians...

10 I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

That was my Daddy...content no matter what. He didn't let any circumstances get him down for very long. When the enemy came knocking at his door, he may have faltered for a short time but always came out stronger. He relied on the Lord's strength. He is my role model I strive to be like. The desire of my heart is to be 'content whatever the circumstances'...no matter what. The desire of my heart is to "Cast My Cares" on the Lord....to allow Him to be the "anchor of my hope...the only one who's in control..." I know when I am in that relationship with the Lord, I will have His peace. I will have His peace even when there is unknown. I also will stand upon the promise that He will make beauty from ashes.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for who You were in my Daddy's life and for who You are in my life. Thank You for loving me so much that You gave me a wonderful Daddy on this earth. Lord, I miss him so much but yet I rejoice in knowing He will live with You for eternity. Father, more of You and less of me is the key to me being content through anything that comes my way. No matter what happens on this earth if I have the goal of eternal life with You, You will enable me through each and every circumstance. I must say I am pretty excited that I will be leaving the house today, even for just a little bit. Lord, use me to be an encourager with anyone I come in contact with whether it be when I go out or through my words on the internet/phone. Thank You for the ones who called, visited or through the internet/phone encouraged me yesterday. Thank You Jesus for being My Anchor. Amen.


No comments: