Thursday, July 30, 2015

Psalm 18 - "My Deliverer"


The definition of the word deliverer is...

deliverer - a person who rescues you from harm or danger

I woke up this morning singing a song Mandisa sings called "My Deliverer" and thought about how the Lord has delivered me from some pretty rough things. There have been so many times in life where I felt...

I was so helpless
Where did the light go
I had no hope left
Deep down in my soul


The times where I heeded to these words were the ones where I found victory...

I was watchin'
I was waitin'
I was prayin'
I was stayin' down on my knees
That's right where You found me

The key to victory is through surrender to the Lord. First we must believe in Him and accept him as our Savior. Then we must live a surrendered life for Him. When we live such a life, He will deliver us from turmoil with a peace that is not comprehended by those who don't live such a life. It will only be with this type of life that we can mean it when we say...

My Deliverer, You rescued me from all that held me captive
My Deliverer, You set me free
Now I can live
My Deliverer, I'm no longer captive
My Deliverer, You gave Your life that I might live
So every moment I will give you praise
Yeah my Deliverer
I'm gonna give You praise
I'm gonna give You praise
My Deliverer

Praise Him! Yes! Even during tough times we need to praise Him! Even when we feel as if we can't go on, we need to praise Him! Even when our heart is breaking with hurt others words or actions put upon us, we need to praise Him! Even when we are rejected, we need to praise Him! Yes! Praise Him! Why? Because He died for us to live! That is reason enough right there to praise Him no matter what! Woo hoo! Praise Him!

I love Psalm 18 that reminds us the Lord is the answer to getting through anything we endure. Matthew Henry writes about the last few verses of this Psalm...

We should love the Lord, our Strength, and our Salvation; we should call on him in every trouble, and praise him for every deliverance; we should aim to walk with him in all righteousness and true holiness, keeping from sin. If we belong to him, he conquers and reigns for us, and we shall conquer and reign through him, and partake of the mercy of our anointed King, which is promised to all his seed for evermore. Amen.

Once again, I say 'woo hoo'!!!! "If we belong to him..." is where the answer is to how to get through the storms of life. When we belong to Him, we will have peace through the storms knowing He is with us and will deliver us through them.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for delivering me from junk of this world in the past, today and in the future. I am grateful for the peace You give me in knowing You are taking care of things. Lord, would You please fill me with more of You and less of me so people will see You in me? Would You put before me opportunities to be You to others today? Father, I am so grateful for the way You continue to use me as Your servant even with the physical circumstances I am dealing with in this season of life. Lord, strengthen me not only physically but most importantly spiritually. May I grow deeper in You as You deliver me. Thank You Jesus for being My Deliverer. Amen.


No comments: