Monday, July 20, 2015

Philippians 4:13; Jeremiah 29:11-14; James 1:2-3


How appropriate to receive a text with this picture right as I was falling apart after leaving the doctor. Thank You Jesus!

I started crying before I even got out of the doctor office. It wasn't that what he said was the worst news possible but it was what he didn't say that upset me. When I said the goal of the therapist is for me to get to walking with a cane but my goal is to be back walking on my own, he didn't say anything. I was crushed.

On a positive note, he acknowledged my faith by telling me there are two things we need to do. First, we have to have patience. Second, we have to pray hard. Along with those two things he said it will take a lot more therapy. As he was leaving the room, he patted my shoulder and said, "Dear, don't get frustrated." Alright then...how exactly am I going to do that?

Having the text from Julie with this picture answered that question. It was just what I needed to be reminded of...the Lord knows the outcome. He knows the date..the hour...of when I will walk again on my own. He will be with me to embrace this new normal for my life as long as it is this way. 

After we got home and I had a nap I opened up my laptop to see this picture...


Once again, thank You Jesus for being so very real to me today. I may not understand...

  • how the Lord is going to use me in fulfilling my call
  • why this flair-up has happened
  • how it is that I can not get depressed over the fact that I can't function as I was use to
BUT I do understand that the Lord is with me and will continue to guide me. I will lean on these verses in such a way that He will be glorified...


Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

Jeremiah 29:11-14 - 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

James 1:2-3 - Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the fact the MS is only in the brain and not in the cervical spine. Thank You for the fact the MS has not changed to the progressive kind. Thank You for the last twenty-one plus years in which You have enabled me to spend each and every day leaning upon Your strength. Thank You for the ways You continue to encourage me through these days. Thank You for friends who are praying. Lord, I pray for You to lead their prayers for what I need. Father, I am falling apart in my physical body even though I know You are with me. That doesn't make sense to me but I know You know all. Father, touch me....heal me...physically, emotionally, mentally...my whole being. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength. Amen.

No comments: