Friday, July 17, 2015

Daniel 3 - "Broken Hallelujah"


Daniel 3 has the story of a miracle that happened many, many years ago. But the same miracle can happen today for any of us. We go through turmoil on this earth that can tear us down. It can tear our faith in the Lord down. Whether it be a physical ailment; someone hurts us with their words or actions; we feel as if we are pounded down with discouragement; or we need freed from a bondage of some sort...no matter what, the Lord is always there with us. He never leaves us. Just as He was with the three men and led them out of the fiery furnace with no harm, He is there to do the same with us.

Susie shared last night four things these three men did...
  1. They were respectful..they did not stoop to the King's level...we need to do the same.
  2. They were courageous...they did not show fear to the enemy...we need to do the same.
  3. They weren't careful...they spoke the truth even when it wasn't politically correct...we need to do the same.
  4. They displayed faith...they not only knew the Lord would save them but they proclaimed it...we need to do the same.
As the three men were in the fire, the Lord burned away what needed to be gone. He brought them through it not to hurt them but to grow them. 

I think if those three men could have had scripture hidden in their heart they would have spoke boldly the words of Psalm 61:1-3...
Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer.
From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint;
    lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe.
I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.
For you, God, have heard my vows; you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.
Increase the days of the king’s life, his years for many generations.
May he be enthroned in God’s presence forever; appoint your love and faithfulness to protect him.
Then I will ever sing in praise of your name and fulfill my vows day after day.

We need to praise the Lord, even when it is a "broken hallelujah" or all we have to give Him is "shattered praise." We must remember to praise Him in the storms of life. He is with us. Not only will He never leave us but most importantly He will use the storm to grow our faith. Woo hoo! The words to Mandisa's song goes...

When all that I can sing
Is a broken hallelujah
When my only offering
Is shattered praise
Still a song of adoration
Will rise up from these ruins
I will worship You and give You thanks
Even when my only praise
Is a broken hallelujah

Oh Father, You have given
Much more than I deserve
And I have felt Your hand of blessing
On me at every turn

How could I doubt Your goodness
Your wisdom, Your grace
So Lord hear my heart
In this painful place

Yes! I pray for those who are going through storms right now to get to the point where they trust the Lord. I am praying for one who is mad at the Lord for circumstances. She is blaming Him for allowing things to happen to her family. I pray she gets to the point of realizing He did not cause the things, sin did. Yes He could have stopped them but He chose to grow this family's faith through them instead. Oh how I pray they will bring their "broken hallelujah" to Him.

Dear Jesus,
I praise You for the way You are with me through the trials on this earth. Just as these three men in the furnace proclaimed, I know You will save me whether it be on this earth or in heaven. Woo hoo! Selfishly, I would rather be in heaven than here. I get tired of the physical issues, the emotional hurts put on me by others words and actions, the way people blatantly turn from You...but Lord, I pray for an abundance of You in me that will enable me to do Your will. Father, curb my tongue when I want to lash out when people hurt me. I want to follow these men's example. I praise You for the way You speak to me through Your Word and through ones like Susie. Lord, today is a new day. You know my physical pain. You know my emotional pain. I am standing upon Romans 8:28 this day...You have called me for a purpose on this earth and I will fulfill that purpose. Thank You for being My Savior. Amen.


No comments: