Saturday, July 18, 2015

Psalm 103:1-5 - "10,000 Reasons"

The Lord woke me up singing a song Matt Redman sings, "10,000 Reasons" and I was immediately blessed. This song is based on the first five verses of Psalm 103 which reads...
Praise the Lord, my soul;
    all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
    and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
    and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
    so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
Woo hoo! David gives so many reasons in this Psalm as to why we should praise the Lord. As I was singing I thought about how many things I have to bless His Holy Name! The list would go on and on! I am one blessed lady! Oh sure, I have some physical issues but God is with me through them. I am dealing with some emotional hurt but God is greater than any of the hurts. 
  • I have His love which covers anything that comes my way. 
  • I have His encouragement to fill me when I am feeling empty. 
  • I have His guidance to lead me down the right path. I have His greatness which gives me the power to tell satan to get away just as I did this morning when he started in my thoughts.
I would imagine if I started listing all the reasons that Lord blesses me the list would go on forever. Last night Susie challenged us once again to take a deeper walk of radical obedience with the Lord. That is one of the blessings I enjoy every day. Living in His Presence...a 24/7 kind of life...one where He is in control...there is no better place to live! I prayed last night for all who had heard her message to give up whatever bondage that was keeping them in the birdcage and fly in victory! Woo hoo! I love to fly! 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You, thank You, thank You for Your love, mercy and grace! Thank You for the prayer of my dear friend Dawn yesterday. Thank You for Susie who spoke so clearly in services yesterday. Thank You for the physical, mental and emotional strength You are giving me. To think that this is Saturday and all that has been accomplished is all You, God. Finals week with Final Project turned in on-time, a Funeral and District Assembly/Camp Meeting...woo hoo! We did it! You are so, so awesome! I am sorry I doubted last week. Please forgive me! Your strength has definitely been my strength. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Bless Me. Amen.




No comments: