Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Isaiah 55:1; Revelation 22:12-21 - "All Who Are Thirsty"


Last night we completed our group study on the book of Revelation. This was either the second or third time I have gone through this study led by Doc. It amazes me how the Lord reveals new bits of information to me each time. It also saddens me to think of some I know who have an unteachable spirit. That is, they either think they know everything there is to know in the Bible or it is they can't learn from others teaching. The Bible is a living book. The Lord breathes life through it into me each and every time I open it. He also gives others knowledge to open my eyes up to new thinking. I pray I never have an unteachable spirit.

There is an invitation and a warning at the close of Revelation from the Lord...
12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.
16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[a] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”
17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.
18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.
20 He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.”
Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. 21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s people. Amen.
Not only do I believe He is coming but I am holding onto the promise that He is. Anything that happens on this earth is temporal. Life of eternity with the Lord is my goal. I like what Matthew Henry writes about this section of scripture:

And while we are busy in the duties of our different stations of life; whatever labours may try us, whatever difficulties may surround us, whatever sorrows may press us down, let us with pleasure hear our Lord proclaiming, Behold, I come quickly; I come to put an end to the labour and suffering of my servants. I come, and my reward of grace is with me, to recompense, with royal bounty, every work of faith and labour of love. I come to receive my faithful, persevering people to myself, to dwell for ever in that blissful world. Amen, even so, come, Lord Jesus. A blessing closes the whole. By the grace of Christ we must be kept in joyful expectation of his glory, fitted for it, and preserved to it; and his glorious appearance will be joyful to those who partake of his grace and favour here. Let all add, Amen. 

Woo hoo! Yes, Lord Jesus, come! I know I am selfish in asking that to be now. This time with my MS flair-up is very trying. It is so hard to believe that it has been almost three months of going through this. You would think I would be use to it by now but some days are more trying than others. I am determined to not allow the enemy any foothold into this situation. But I must admit that some days he works hard to pull me down. I need to dig in deeper to the Lord to combat against his dealings. I continued reading Matthew Henry's writing about this scripture and see what I need to do every day but even more so during trials....

Let us earnestly thirst after greater measures of the gracious influences of the blessed Jesus in our souls, and his gracious presence with us, till glory has made perfect his grace toward us. 

Yes! I do thirst for the Lord but I need to be more intentional in my thirst for Him. I need to... 
  • read His Word with more of a thirst so that He can satisfy my thirstiness
  • be filled with more of Him and less of me in order for others to see Him in me
  • worship Him more on this earth so that I may worship Him for eternity
  • proclaim the Good News more so others will also have eternal life
Last night as we were in group a couple different songs came to my mind. One of them is a song called "All Who Are Thirsty" that Kutless sings. I woke up singing it this morning and was so blessed knowing He satisfies my thirst. He is my strength in my weaknesses. I am so blessed in being in relationship with Him so that when I bow down before Him, He listens and gives me peace.

All who are thirsty
All who are weak
Just come to the fountain
Dip your heart in the stream of life
Let the pain and the sorrow
Be washed away
In the waves of His mercy
As deep cries out to deep
We sing, come Lord Jesus come
Come Lord Jesus, come
Come Lord Jesus, come
Come Lord Jesus, come

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for our study over these last few months. Thank You for Doc leading us through it. Thank You for all You revealed through the study to me. Lord, I want more of You and less of me so I can be more effective for You. I pray for opportunities to be You today. I pray for Your Spirit to be my spirit...Your words to be my words...Your attitude to be my attitude. Would You please give me an added strength against the enemy when he tries to pull me down? Would You enable others to be encouragers to me today and not make me feel bad? Would You not only put a smile on my face but also put one in my heart? Lord, I am so grateful for all You do for me. I am so grateful for all the ways You show Your love to me each and every day. You are so awesome! Lord, I pray others will come into relationship with You so they will will be able to experience Your love, grace and mercy. Thank You Jesus for being My Water! Amen.


No comments: