Monday, July 20, 2015

Psalm 40:1-3 - "Blessings"

My physical body is tired...
My emotional body is hurting...
My mental body is challenged...
But praise the Lord my spiritual body is encouraged through the reminder from a dear friend of Psalm 40:1-3 this morning...

I don't know what today holds but the Lord does and that is all that matters. I wait anxiously for the MRI results today yet no matter what they are I know He is with me. I am so ready to be back to 'normal' but if this way of life is my new 'normal' then I will listen for His direction on how to proceed from here. This sign says so much in so few words...


No matter what...I know the Lord has called me to be His servant and I will fulfill that call. He is my rock that I will continue to stand upon. He is my strength when mine is gone. He is the One who is always with me. He is!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder of this scripture today. Thank You for my friend who sent it to me this morning. Thank You for the way You will work in and through me throughout this day. Lord, fill me to overflowing so others will see You in me. I pray for some who are hurting today to feel You in a powerful way. Be with the one having surgery who needs to feel Your presence in the sense of peace. Be with the ones who need a special touch from You as they deal with trials of this life. Lord, You brought "Blessings" to my mind this morning. I know You will bless me through this day. I know You will love on me and encourage me. I know You will stay close to me. In the midst of knowing all of that I pray for the cementing of these words into my heart...
What if my greatest disappointments or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
What if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are your mercies in disguise
Thank You Jesus for being My Rock. Amen.


No comments: