Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Hebrews 6:19 - "Cast My Cares"


"Five hours again?!?!? How in the world if I suppose to function on this little of sleep?!?!?" Those were my thoughts this morning when I woke up. It makes for a long day when you only sleep five to six hours. But the Lord said, "I need you to pray. I will take care of your rest." Alrighty then! So I started praying but before I did the song "Cast My Cares" came to my mind. I prayed the ones I was praying for would realize they can do just that...

I will cast my cares on You
You're the anchor of my hope
The only one who's in control
I will cast my cares on You
I'll trade the troubles of this world
For Your peace inside my soul


I pray they will realize He is greater than anything that comes upon them. He will be their anchor when they allow Him full reign of their whole being. I am praying for...

  • the alcoholic who recently lost their job; their spouse who needs encouraged; their marriage that needs strengthened
  • my friend starting a year of cancer treatments today; for spiritual strength in this battle before her; for protection over her physical body from any harm the treatments may try to do 
  • my friends who lost their dear Momma/Grandma yesterday after only a short time ago losing their Daddy/Grandpa; I am praying for spiritual healing in their souls; I am praying those who are not in relationship with the Lord will see Him in a whole new light during these tough days
  • my friend awaiting biopsy results...may His peace be her peace
  • the alcoholic who needs their eyes opened up to the Lord; their family who struggle with their addiction
  • the marriage falling apart; the spouse who needs the Lord in their life; protection over the spouse and child
  • the family being torn apart by things of this world; may this couple's focus be put on the Only One who can restore their household
  • the family in mourning from so many deaths
  • the two young girls who are battling for life in their physical bodies; their families who are supporting them
  • the two men in pain in their physical bodies with no hope given from their doctors
  • the man who needs surgery yet the insurance company has denied it
  • the family mourning the recent loss of their Momma/Grandma
  • my friend having an interview today...open doors that need opened and close ones that need closed
  • the one recuperating from surgery and awaiting another one
  • the one dealing with infection in her body and awaiting an MRI
There are so many physical issues represented in my prayers. We don't know why things happen as they do nor do we know when they will be healed. But the one thing we do know is that Jesus is always with us. He is our healer. He is the One to make all things new. I remind myself every day of the fact that everything that happens is in His time. We may not like His time but when we live a life of surrender to Him then His time is the only time that matters. I am sure many of these ones I prayed for this morning are feeling very discouraged. Yet I pray they will know He is the only one to get them through their present circumstances.

When fear feels bigger than my faith
And struggles steal my breath away
When my back's pressed up against the wall
With the weight of my worries stacked up tall
You're strong enough to hold it all

He is the only way to peace in the midst of turmoil. We do not have to worry about anything when we know He already knows the outcome. I know this is easier said than done but it is possible. It is a given there will be trials in this life on earth. But it is also a given that when we live in His will our final place will be with Him for eternity. The trials will all be forgotten when we leave this earth. When we claim victory on this earth, we will live victorious for eternity. Yes, it is hard but it is not impossible when we allow His strength to be our strength. Yes, there will be discouraging days but we must keep our focus on Him. Yes, the enemy will try to tell us lies but we must only listen to the Lord.


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me the opportunity to pray for these dear ones this morning. Thank You for the encouragement of Hebrews 6:19. You are my Anchor! You are the One I listen to! You are greater than anything that comes our way! Woo hoo! Father, more of You and less of me...fill me up to overflowing so You ooze out of me. Lord, I don't know what is ahead for me this day but I do know You already have it planned. You know who I will come in contact with...who will see You in me...who will be touched by my words or actions...You know all. For that I am grateful. Father, use me in mighty ways today. Lord, You know the desires of my heart...You know the things I would love to see accomplished today...but if my plans aren't Yours I don't want them to happen. Lord, love on my dear Momma some extra today as it will be a day full of memories of their marriage. Thank You Jesus for being My Anchor. Amen.

No comments: