Monday, December 7, 2020

Psalm 69; II Timothy 1:7 - "Blessings"

 

I am so blessed. Yesterday was full of blessings from start to finish.

  • I was blessed to be in Sunday School again.
  • I had the privilege to preach a mini sermon.
  • Neighbors brought us lunch.
  • Friends came and put up my Christmas tree and spent time with me.
  • Having my music back through Alexa.
  • I had a nice talk on the phone with my Momma.
  • I watched a couple preachers and was blessed watching my friend Matt worship.
  • Sheri and I had good conversation throughout the day.
My cup runneth over with blessings. I am reminded this morning just how much God loves me and desires me to live for Him. He had me read Psalm 69 today. David is lamenting about his life as he starts this Psalm but by the last few verses changes his tune. We all go through 'tough' times where we want to complain. It is ok to do so as long as we don't stay there. The enemy uses such times as an opening into our lives. Matthew Henry wrote of Psalm 69:

The psalmist concludes the psalm with holy joy and praise, which he began with complaints of his grief. It is a great comfort to us, that humble and thankful praises are more pleasing to God than the most costly, pompous sacrifices. The humble shall look to him, and be glad; those that seek him through Christ shall live and be comforted. 

I like the words with holy joy and praise. That is how I desire to live my life. I know as I do the enemy does not have an open door into my life. I also know the more I praise God, the less I focus on me. Living in this manner allows me to experience His peace in the midst of the storms of life. It enables me to live His will out in my life through the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. I continue to stand on II Timothy 1:7 every day. I know that is the only way I can continue living as He desires. The hurts of life are turned into blessings as we seek Him.

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for turning my circumstances into blessings! Thank You for filling my day yesterday with so many blessings! Being in Sunday School again; preaching a mini sermon; lunch from neighbors; having friends Elizabeth and Rebecca put up my Christmas tree and spending time with me; having my music again through Alexis; conversation over the phone with my Momma; watching on-line church and being blessed by Matt's time of worship; good conversation with my friend Sheri throughout the day...the list goes on and on. Woo hoo! You are so good! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! I continue to pray for: many who are dealing with COVID; Rhonda's family with the death of Baby Ruby; Nola's family; Diana with pain; and my own healing. Thank You for the emotional healing that happened yesterday as the ladies put the ornaments on the tree! Thank You for being My Blessing! Amen.

No comments: