Saturday, December 5, 2020

Psalm 3 - "Good, Good Father"

 

The Lord took me to Psalm 3 this morning. It is divided into four sections in The Passion Translation. The Humbling of a King; The Help of God; The Song of Safety; and The Secret of Strength. After three of the four sections there is the direction to Pause in his presence, That direction is crucial for all if us. It is crucial we all live in His presence if we desire to live in His will. The Secret of Strength is found in His presence. This writing of David shows how to live victorious throughout all the 'junk' life brings. It showed David's faith growing stronger as he leaned into God. Matthew Henry wrote: 

David's faith became triumphant. He began the psalm with complaints of the strength and malice of his enemies; but concludes with rejoicing in the power and grace of his God, and now sees more with him than against him. 

We can rejoice even when going through 'tough' days. In fact, we should rejoice through them. The enemy does not like when we rejoice and God loves it! The last verse in The Passion Translation in this Psalm is 'the icing on the cake' for me. 

My true hero comes to my rescue,
for the Lord alone is my Savior.
What a feast of favor and bliss he gives his people!

He is my Hero! He takes care of all my needs! He loves me greatly! He is so great! He is such a "Good, Good Father"! 

You're a Good, Good Father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the blessings from yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. May people see/hear You instead of me. I pray for safe travels for Beth and Bob today; continued healing for Baby Ruby; comfort for the family who lost a loved one suddenly after surgery complications; friends dealing with COVID; Diana as she recuperates; and so many going through 'tough' days. Thank You for being close to me through the third month anniversary yesterday of Doc's death. May we all seek Your presence. Thank You for being My Good, Good Father! Amen!


No comments: