Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Psalm 128 - "It Is Well"


The Lord took me to Psalm 128 this morning. What an encouraging Scripture! I love this picture of Doc praying at the Wailing Wall on our trip to Israel. He definitely lived out Psalm 128. It reads in the The Passion Translation:

How joyous are those who love the Lord and bow low before God, ready to obey him!
Your reward will be prosperity, happiness, and well-being.
Your wife will bless your heart and home.
Your children will bring you joy as they gather around your table.
Yes, this is God’s generous reward for those who love him.
May the Lord bless you out of his Zion-glory!
May you see the prosperity of Jerusalem throughout your lifetime.
And may you be surrounded by your grandchildren.
Happiness to you! And happiness to Israel!

Doc received many blessings while on this earth but his greatest blessing was realized when he took his last breathe here. He experienced joy as he shared God with all he met. Though many would say he didn't experience prosperity in a worldly sense, he did in an eternal sense. His smile and laugh showed the happiness he experienced. I pray I blessed him while on this earth. I also pray he would be pleased with me since he left. Doc fought hard to stay here. It was not because he feared death but he didn't want to miss: making memories with me; watching our boys and their lady's live out their lives; see the grand babies grow up and have babies; and bring more people into relationship with Christ. He lived every day to the fullest for the Lord and for that I am grateful. Matthew Henry wrote of this Scripture:

If thou fear him and walk in his ways, all shall be well with thee while thou livest, better when thou diest, best of all in eternity.

Yes! Doc was so blessed while on this earth because he walked a life of obedience to His Heavenly Father. That walk assures me he is with God now. I pray for more people to get in right relationship with Him so they and their families can have that assurance.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Psalm 128 that encourages me greatly! Thank You for blessing me with almost thirty-one years of marriage with Doc! Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace that took us back into relationship with you! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! I pray for You to ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way, Father, my heart breaks for so many who are hurting. May You bring peace down upon: those with family issues; Mary Lilley as she awaits a medical procedure; many who recently lost loved ones (Darrel, Cassie, Ben & Colleen); Dan and Pam in the days they are experiencing; ones with family members or themselves with COVID; and many who continue to not be in relationship with You. Lord, use me to be an example of living in Your peace. Father, You know the hurts of my heart. You know the loneliness of not having Doc with me. You know the way the tears fall. Plain and simple. You know and You respond in the manner I need loved on. Thank You for the time yesterday with baking cookies with my Momma! Thank You for being My Assurance of Eternal Life! Amen.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Imagine what he is seeing right now. Is he standing on a mountain? Fishing in a stream? Singing with a chorus of souls, angels and those who left the Earth a thousand years ago? Time will tell. It really will.

My Strength said...

Yes!!!! "I Can Only Imagine" comes to my mind...