Sunday, December 20, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Overcomer"


Yesterday was a day I didn't think would ever end. It was soooooo long. Thankfully I survived but I don't know that I shined brightly for God as I strive to do. I hope someone saw or heard Jesus in me. I know I did a whole lot of praying throughout the day, especially for people dealing with crabby people. I felt so bad for the elderly woman whose husband was verbally abusive to her. I wanted so bad to go over and hug her but I was afraid he would get worse if I did. I also prayed for: the young couple with a toddler and a newborn to have a good trip; the two pre teens who were headed home to feel God's love with their situation; the adult daughter caring for her fragile mother to have strength; the flight attendants and assistance givers to continue to have gentle spirits; the pilots and flight attendants to have continued strength after such a long day; and protection for all. Even though I was not able to talk with people I was still able to pray for them. I am so thankful God reminded me to pray. I was to the point where I just wanted to cry and was afraid I would start at any moment. He knew I needed to focus on others and not my own situation. Praise His Holy Name! I am so grateful to be in relationship with him! He is all I need. He is what will get me through the day ahead, He will remind me to stay focused on Him. He will keep II Timothy 1:7 in the forefront of my mind so I do not allow the enemy an open door with my tiredness. He will go before me to get everything set up for today's service. He will be here with me to stay calm if/when things go 'wrong' and remind me nothing surprises Him. Woo hoo! I am so grateful for that knowledge!

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for Your physical, mental, emotional, financial, and spiritual strength to get through yesterday! Thank You for the opportunity to pray for so many! Thank You for going before me today and shining bright through the sermon You gave me! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You show through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a new, different way. Lord, I miss Doc and Mordecei so much. Heal the hurts of my heart. You are greater than them. Empower me to lean more into You. I pray for all pastors to preach boldly what You gave them to preach. If they are not following You, I pray they will realize the need to do so. Thank You for being My Great I Am! Amen.

No comments: